INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how bout a mp3/cue plugin  (Read 2332 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
how bout a mp3/cue plugin
« on: August 24, 2003, 01:33:02 am »

i like the way ape has this makeapl utility. it means that a big APE file can be played as one mixed album or put into a random playlist using APL. MC treats it like an individual file and analyse audio works etc.  

What i am looking for is a similar utility to do this with mp3. i have lots of albums ripped as one big MP3 with cue sheets. i can imagine so do a lot of others.  

With the latest MC to date my options are to play the whole MP3 file with just artist album info & album titile displayed. i have no way of seeing what the tracks are nor any way to inventory them using MC as it is currently.  

So for the moment my options are to  

1 - split the big MP3 file into individual tracks and store the big one as well. ( doubles HD space reqd) since i dont want to lose the big mixed file. Not really good  

2- listen with winamp. but i would like to use MC instead.  

SO in summary i am asking is there a way a plugin can create a similar way like APL maybe call it MPL files( or whatever you want) so that i can import all the track names of the big mp3 file from the cue sheet and have them appear transparently in MC. Any modifications, AA analysis to the track names imported would be stored in the MPL file as with APL files. The cue sheet remains untouched by MC.  

This would require MC to  
-parse the cue sheet,  
-understand it points to an mp3, create MPL files.  
- enable MC to recognise the MPL file and play it as it does currently with APL.  
- This would be done in one step during import  

Can/Will this be done in at all  ?  Comments anyone
Pages: [1]   Go Up