INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCD Plugin  (Read 13619 times)

Cephlen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • someday I will find a pic that looks good...
Re: LCD Plugin
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2003, 11:57:10 am »

i recomend you install mj on your dev machine.

And leave the commented lines commented for now, uncomment them if you want the functionality to actually work :)
All ICQ's are ignored unless I have added you.

Cyndrax

• Recent member
  • Trying desperately to get it all together...
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2003, 11:39:04 pm »

Open the form, add the controls that I specified and name them too (a text box, button, timer, etc..)

Add a reference to the mj's library.

Add a class to the project and use all that wierd code.  The wierd code works great and you shouldnt really have to fiddle in there at all.

Okay, a programmer friend without media jukebox obviously couldn't compile this (perhaps if he copied the library?) so I installed VB6 on one of my machines w/ Media Jukebox installed.

I created a new OCX which gave me a blank form.  It defaulted to a name of UserControls1, so I left it at that.  I dropped down cmdInterval (command button), txtInterval (text box), and Timer1 (timer).

I added a new class and it defaulted to a name of Class1, so I left it at that.  I copied all of the code from the two code posts and pasted it into that class (in the order of the posts).

Then I attempted to make mjtest.ocx.  This gave me a compile error popup.

Compile Error:

Expected: End of Statement

Private Type SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES
   nLength As Long
   lpSecurityDescriptor As Long
   bInheritHandle As Long
End Type
Dim Tmp_Attr As SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES

The As in the second line above is highlighted when the compile error comes up.  Also, the three indented lines are in red.

Is there something obvious I am doing wrong?

I am obviously not a VB programmer, so this is getting beyond me.  I hope to grab my friend Mike and have him look at it on my computer.

Brian

Cyndrax

• Recent member
  • Trying desperately to get it all together...
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2003, 02:11:55 pm »

Okay, after further research, it appears that cutting and pasting the text from the forum put a bunch of odd white space in the code.  This threw off all of the formatting.  So I pasted everything into Word and replaced the whitespace with tabs.

Now when I attempt to compile it I get a new error.

Compile error:

Fixed-length strings and use of the 'new' qualifier are not allowed for fields in a public user defined type defined in an object module

When this error comes up, the text "sName As String *" in the Public Type MJMain is highlighted.

I put the files as I have them now up on my website, you can grab them from

http://www.brainsinaknot.com/holding/mjtest.zip
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up