INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Humble Request  (Read 1668 times)

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
My Humble Request
« on: September 01, 2002, 02:52:03 pm »

Gentlemen, Ladies,

I would like to submit a request for assistance.  I have done some "hack-up" C coding in the past, mostly to do with an online MUD.  I am fully aware that while my "computer intuition" is fairly acute, my programming skills are somewhere between nil and zero.  I have an idea for an interface plugin that would make my MJ life much more robust and fulfilling.

This plugin would be based on a macro and the wrapping to customize its running.  In my mind's eye, this macro:

- Would export every single playlist and smartlist to individual .m3u files to a "dump folder" on a local drive.
- Would create subdirectories in the dump folder to mirror MJ's playlist groups.
- Could be set to run when MJ starts up or shuts down.
- Could be mapped to a button that you could put on the toolbar.
- Offers customization of which folder to be used as the dump folder.
- Would have an option that, when enabled, would delete the entire contents of your dump folder before dumping.

As I mentioned, I'm not much of a programmer.  I downloaded the SDK and some examples, but I have absolutely zero clue what to do with them or where to start.  Best-case scenario would be that someone reads this, says to themselves "Heck, that's easy!" and codes it up.  Short of that, if someone could mentor me and give me some guidelines on where to start, it would be very appreciated.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:My Humble Request
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 12:52:09 pm »

Kurt,

This feature will be in the next preview of version 9.0.

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Kurt Young

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 02:51:47 pm »

Whooooooo hoooooo!!!!!

Sweet guys!  Could you let me know which release version I should be looking for?  

Outstanding, thanks so much again... It's sweet to see that y'all listen to your customers the way that you do.

(Now, can I get a feature that automatically pays my bills online?  That'd rock.  :P )
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Kurt Young

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2002, 09:40:09 pm »

Wow!!

Matt, I just installed the 9.0.53 preview, and I'm just floored!  The "Export all playlists" function is all that I hoped that it would be!  It'd be sweet to customize which directory they're exported to, but since I can set my iPod to sync with whatever directory I want, I just set it to data\playlists.  Sweeet!

Thanks for working that in, guys, keep rockin!
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 07:30:57 am »

Glad you like

And we probably won't make the directory customizable because it creates a lot of opportunity to goof things up, since it's best to erase the directory tree before rebuilding the playlists.  Also, we may add an "auto-synchronize" type option, and keeping everything in MJ's data directory is a bit cleaner.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up