INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library update problems (upgrading to MC9 from MJ8)  (Read 1175 times)

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
library update problems (upgrading to MC9 from MJ8)
« on: October 20, 2003, 03:48:31 pm »

Hi,

Finally getting around to testing out MC.   The upgrade process did not seem to deal very well with my old library db, which is bad news for me, since i've relied heavily on the MJ database for organizing music and not on real tags.

One of the reasons for this is many mpc's i have, for which custom tags and replaygain info doesn't seem to be kept in-file.

As a result, i've had to re-import files, which would require a heap of work to re-apply some of that info.

When it was finished with the upgrade, what it seemed to do was give me (when Media Libary is selected), "blank" entries for files, with no information.   The number would appear to be correct.   Even post importing doesn't seem to fix much...but it places those new ones under "Audio," whereas the "blank" files don't seem to know where to go...

Just wondering if there's a known issue with this or if anyone can help.

Thanks!
steve
-steve

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:library update problems (upgrading to MC9 from MJ8)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 03:51:52 pm »

Does it get the correct information if you do:

Right-Click > Library Tools > Update Library From Tags (always)

Also, it automatically made a backup before install. (in your MC\Data directory)

Send that to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces) if you think there's a reproducable problem.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:library update problems (upgrading to MC9 from MJ8)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 04:10:41 pm »

Does it get the correct information if you do:

Right-Click > Library Tools > Update Library From Tags (always)

Also, it automatically made a backup before install. (in your MC\Data directory)

Yes--Whew!   Though--it seemed to get rid of my old MJ install, so hopefully it won't freak either.  No worries either way because this isn't on my main music machine.

Anyway, tried your suggestion, but when i select a file, it doesn't even know the location--it knows nothing about it.   It's just as if the updater knew there were records there, but the data is empty...the icon, rather than being the little music icon, is a "file not known/found" icon with a little red "X"

Even so--the problem is that i don't want it to default to tag information.   I want it to default to MJ DB info.

Thanks for your quick reply...do you have any more ideas?  

i could send you the zip of the library if you want.

thanks again,

steve
-steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up