INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RECORDING STOPS & STARTS 36 TIMES IN 2 HOURS  (Read 786 times)

TAWEBB

• Recent member
RECORDING STOPS & STARTS 36 TIMES IN 2 HOURS
« on: October 26, 2003, 04:16:35 pm »

I am using MJ8 to record streaming audio off of the web. The material is in 2 hour programs. I am using a pc with windows XP. The material (audio program) is played on windows media and recorded on MJ8.

I start the player and then the MJ8 recorder. I return 2 hours later and often find multiple sessions (SQs ) have been created in the MJ8 window.  Now instead of having 1 two hour track I may have up to 36 of them with one being 100 minutes long and the others ranging from a few minutes to just 10 seconds. The largest track can be at the top middle or end of the session.

I have tried turning on and off the "wait until sound before recording" button in MJ8 with no different results. I am not losing my web connection and if I listen while it is recording the program being played does not stop & start 36 times in the two hours.

So what can I do to make just 1 two hour MP3 file when recording instead of 36 files ?

Thanks for the help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:RECORDING STOPS & STARTS 36 TIMES IN 2 HOURS
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 05:20:23 pm »

I don't remember the setting you need to change, but MC is regarding silence as an interval and starting a new track.  Take a look at the settings you have available.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:RECORDING STOPS & STARTS 36 TIMES IN 2 HOURS
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 12:33:04 pm »

Specifically...

Uncheck the "Enable automatic track splitting" & "Trim silence from gaps". These can be found in the same location (tab) as "wait until sound before recording"

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up