INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do I get information on the MediaServer protocol and can I do this?  (Read 666 times)

jantypas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...

First, where is the MeidaServer Protocol documented?  I'd like to see if I can do the following through it.

Let's assume one has a REALLY large collection of audio-tracks, or a large collection of people who want to listen to it in some private forum,
It could be music, or perhaps its audio information to be diseminated.

One COULD make a really LARGE library, or one could have several MC9 servers scattered about with different blocks of content on them.  

It would be nice if the libraries noted the server containing the content in a URL-style format, say:  //server IP/library/content-object.
Given that, a master library could refer to sub-library objects, yet to an individual MC9, it would appear as if everything were in a single library, regardless of the server it came from.

This would allow us to distribute server load, or have servers dedicated to a particular type of content.

Where can I find out more about what MC9's media server does?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:Where do I get information on the MediaServer protocol and can I do this?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 10:11:49 am »

Hi Jantypas,

Interesting idea. But it's far outside the scope of Media Server. Media Server is for a single person to listen to music that they own (to avoid all the file sharing brouhaha), and you are talking about a system of serving/sharing music or info among lots of people.

The protocol is not (publically) documented.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up