INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE  (Read 36063 times)

vph

• Recent member
  • Say no more! Say no more!
Re:POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2003, 02:13:54 am »

VPH,

In the iPod view, sort your files by Filename and then locate the path to the file F03\185633.mp3. Delete this file from iPod and then try readding it from MC.

Steve -

The problem wasn't that the file was on the iPod - I looked on the iPod and didn't find it.  The problem was that I had a file in MC that didn't exist (the file was deleted accidentally using Exploder).  I figured it out by guessing which tracks I had most recently loaded/manipulated then hunted and pecked around until I found the track in MC whose file was missing and removed it from MC.

My question:  any way to modify the error message to indicate which track in MC is corrupt/in error/not found (ie., The track "Synchronicity" on the album "Synchronicity" by "The Police" was not found) instead of indicating which track in the iPod wasn't found (ie., F03\185633.mp3)?  Since the track never made it to the iPod. the error message indicating which iPod track number didn't help.  Make sense?

Hope my errored ways doesn't affect your campaign for Emporer of the Western Hemisphere.

VPH

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2003, 09:54:06 am »

Niro,

In summary, sometimes your playlists and some of your songs do not appear in MC after a sync. Your files are on the iPod because when you do a 'Rebuild database' the files then appear in MC (this process does not transfer files, but only reaccounts for files on iPod). If you have not tried Initializing your iPod, please do this again. If you still have problems, try synching a small number of playlists and then gradually increase this until you see the problem.

Will,

When you reimport files into MC, they get assigned a new ID number in MC. If the files are already on iPod, you will need to delete them for synching to work correctly. If you do not delete them, the new file in MC and the old file on iPod are essentially different files in terms of synching.

VPH,

This change is in tonight's build.

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2003, 10:09:10 am »

My Belkin recorder arrived today.

Plugged it in and it works just as expected.

However - now MC fails to recognise the iPOD as anything other than a drive, producing the annoying 'h' box at start-up.

Interestingly, Anapod explorer, Audible Manager and iPODSYNC all work just as they always did.

I'm loathe to reformat and try the whole thing again at the moment as I need my iPOD and its tunes.

The Belkin does add a 'recordings' directory (and maybe other stuff I'm not aware of). COuld this be the problem?

SteveG

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2003, 10:19:27 am »

Mindracing,

Hard to say without getting the Belkin. Can you email me your iTunesDB which is causing the error in MC?

steve @ jriver.com

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2003, 11:20:13 am »

Steve,

The file is on its way.

I deleted the recordings folder and it made no difference - it was worth a shot!

jniz

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2003, 06:46:40 pm »

I can not get mc9 to format I have downloaded your plugin I purchased this program but I'm very frustrated apple tech says to use itunes. I have xp pro usb 2.0 with 2.1 firmware When i right click on ipod in tree only the word format comes up & fails everytime. Can I please get some ideas before I give up?

Niro

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2003, 06:59:21 pm »

Well the files DO appear in MC, they just don't show on the ipod.  When the ipod's plugged in to the PC I can browse it in MC without a problem...but the ipod itself does not show all the songs.  In the ipod if I go to settings/about it'll show 90 songs (instead of 4400), but it will show the correct space taken (22gigs, 15 gigs avail).  

I did initialize my ipod again...matter of fact I just reinstalled my entire OS last night.  This doesn't happen every sync...it works fine and them out of nowhere this problem will come up.  I still do think this only happens when I make changes in the MC library...but not sure I didn't have a chance to test that.

jniz

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2003, 08:58:21 pm »

;D I uninstalled mc9 and reinstalled it & Everthing works great!!!!Any body having trouble with xp make sure you have 2.1 and try  this thanks for advice.

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2003, 10:28:19 pm »

steve, actually i am not reimporting the files into MC. I am reripping the files on another computer, replacing the files in windows (which have the exact same name), then i go to the songs in MC and say update from tags. this in turn will read the new bitrate, and update it in the library but keeps the same id number and retains playlists, playcounts and all that. but does not update it on the ipod. if it checked file size differences it would update it.
if this doesn't get fixed its not a huge deal
thanks
---------

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2003, 11:06:25 pm »

Steve - So far reinitalizing my Ipod with build 300 has fixed my problem (songs not showing up after a transfer unless I rebuilt db).  I will let you know if it reappears.

Vivvy

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2003, 07:45:17 am »

Prioir to v9.1.299, I noted problems with PC playlists not downloading to the iPod after drag 'n drop.  You replicated the problem and .299 fixed it.  However, album/artist browses on the iPod only feature one artist (or album); no other artists (or albums) are searchable.  The only browse that yields any results is Playlist.

Vivvy

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2003, 08:21:29 am »

Album title sorting on the iPod sorts titles beginning with the word "A" as "Title, A".  For example, "A Midsummer Night's Eve" sorts as if the title is "Midsummer Night's Eve, A", appearing in the M's between "Live At Redondo Beach" and "Momentum".  Renaming the title to drop the A leaves it in the same place in the sort.  Changing the title to simply "A" puts it in the A's.  Changing it to "A B" put it in the B's, changing it to "A C" puts it in the C's, etc.  NOTE this problem is true for titles that begin with "The" as well.

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2003, 11:22:10 am »

Vivvy - This is a new feature.  To disable it go to Tools then Options.  Now select Tree & View then Sorting.  Uncheck "Ignore Articles".

SteveG

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2003, 11:39:41 am »

Niro,

If the problem can not be repeated regularly, you must be doing something different in the times it works vs the times it does not. It could be that certain files are causing the problem or certain playlists. Try to give me more clues if you can.

will,

When you replace the files, are you putting them in the exact same location as the previous file? If so, when you sync the tag information does all information update except bitrate and size?  If so, this is easy to fix.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2003, 01:58:46 pm »

Steve, I just thought I'd let you know that the plugin is working almost perfectly for me. The only slight niggle I have is that the plugin prevents me from loading as much music as I used to be able to. If I try to get within 100Mb of the iPod being full the plugin fails to upload the last few tracks in my synch. This is handled cleanly and the error message makes sense although it is strange to be told the iPod is full in one dialog box then look at the status bar and see there is 100Mb of free space. I completely understand why you've done this, it's to prevent corruption of the iTunes database I was experiencing. The only thingis, my database was just over 1Mb, not 100Mb. It would be nice to get another 50Mb of music on, at least that would be almost another album of music. Apart from this minor niggle it's a double thumbs up from me.  ;D

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2003, 07:22:09 pm »

steve, sorry for the confusion. yes i do put it in the exact same place and when i update tag info MC does read the correct size and bitrate. but when i sync my ipod it doesn' t upload the new higher bitrate songs to the ipod, it leaves the old songs on it. i hope this is clear.
thanks
-w
---------

Vivvy

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2003, 07:52:42 am »

Prioir to v9.1.299, I noted problems with PC playlists not downloading to the iPod after drag 'n drop.  You replicated the problem and .299 fixed it.  However, album/artist browses on the iPod only feature one artist (or album); no other artists (or albums) are searchable.  The only browse that yields any results is Playlist.

SteveG

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2003, 09:41:26 am »

Phil,

The 100MB will be reduced in tonight's build to 25MB. There are additional files that must be written besides the iTunesDB and I want to be sure to leave enough space.

Will,

I reripped a track on another PC, replaced it on my PC and then updated the library from the tags. I then resynched the file with 'Delete Files' checked off  and the new file replaced the old one on iPod. What am I missing?

Vivvy,

I took a playlist with 20 files and drag and dropped it on the iPod drive letter and then transferred the files. When I disconnect the iPod, all files can be browsed to via Artist and Album. What am I missing, or can anyone else replicate this?

Steve

senshine

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2003, 10:05:34 am »

Just moving a thread to here:

I would like to know if us  IPOD users can get a feature that I can check or uncheck that says something like- Auto dismounts IPOD when Media Center is closed.

My wife and family keep grabbing the IPOD out of the dock with out "safely ejecting the hardware (IPOD)" I don’t blame them its annoying.

When you’re dashing out the door it would be nice just to grab it and run.

JimH
Administrator

Re:feature request
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 07:50:11 PM »    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a good idea.  You might want to copy and paste it to the iPod Support thread here.

SteveG

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2003, 11:35:19 am »

Senshine,

This will be a right click option in the next MC build.

Steve

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2003, 11:42:57 am »

My iPod is a Gen2 20gig model. v1.3 hardware

Two problems:

1) MC v302 -- crashes when synching.

I've been ripping new CDs in *.ape instead of 320BR mp3. Last night I finished ripping and began to upload to the Pod. MC would consistenly crash after 50+ song conversions when I forced the conversion of files from ape to mp3 (excluding existing mp3 files).

I could not figure out what was causing it so I initialized the Pod within MC and tried again -- same problem.

I then deselected all playlist except one (the critical one I need tonight) and tried again (by the way, a "select all" and "deselect all" check box would sure help for those of us with many playlists). One playlist would "work," however, it has the same defect in the synching as exhibited in the files that were transferred prior to crashing in the first instance --

2) Files are uploaded to the Pod with no referenced playlist:

Column one is for the listing of playlists (column three is a user defined column from MC9 labeled "tempo.")

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Media Center Registered 9.1.302 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2403 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 193 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Thank you,

John

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2003, 11:44:17 am »

Just installed the latest release and when clicking on F (the iPOD) the files are retreived but clicking on the + next to F causes the dreaded 'h' box and MC closes.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 139 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 383 MB, Free - 99 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TOSHIBA  CDRW/DVD SDR2102   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

SteveG

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2003, 01:48:26 pm »

canaro99,

Look in the upper right hand corner of the sync dialogue and you will see 'Select All' and 'Select None'. This was deemphasized because users were getting confused by these buttons.

1) On a clean iPod, what happens if you sync less than 50 of the songs that need conversion?  Did your one playlist have less than 50 songs?

2) In scenario 2, what happens if you click on the playlist in the tree? Do you see the files listed in the right view?

Ashley,

Please send me your iTunesDB.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2003, 01:48:44 pm »

Regarding the

(by the way, a "select all" and "deselect all" check box would sure help for those of us with many playlists).

Stupid hat award for not looking!

Well, maybe only a small hat -- a check box next to the major groups, e.g. smartlists etc would help if you do not want anything under a group such as "Recent Playing Now' or "Auto Smartlist (video and Image)" etc.

The rest still goes. I've tried several times and still no luck.

John
Thank you,

John

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2003, 03:23:46 pm »

canaro99,

Look in the upper right hand corner of the sync dialogue and you will see 'Select All' and 'Select None'. This was deemphasized because users were getting confused by these buttons.

Thanks. It helps to look. I made another comment about a "check box" for major groups.

canaro99,

1) On a clean iPod, what happens if you sync less than 50 of the songs that need conversion?  Did your one playlist have less than 50 songs?

<50 Songs: I'll check this evening. The smallest playlist had 87 songs.

canaro99,

2) In scenario 2, what happens if you click on the playlist in the tree? Do you see the files listed in the right view?

I'll check this evening.

Thanks.

Thank you,

John

robertc2k

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2003, 04:00:51 pm »

Hello,

I have yet to buy a 40gb Ipod but I do have a question. All of my music is in WMA lossless format which I wish to leave it in. Do I have to convert it in order to sync with the ipod or will the software do it for me automatically. If I do have to convert the music how can I do it while leaving the original file in the WMA format and creating a "new" mp3 file to sync with the IPOD? Thanks in advance for your help,

Robert

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2003, 04:43:13 pm »

robertc2k,

There is an option on the iPod sync dialog box that allows you to convert as you sync. I just tested it using an ape file -- the ape was converted to mp3 and placed on my iPod, and the origianl ape file is still in my library.

If I understand your request correctly, this function does exactly what you want.

Happy iPodding!

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2003, 04:46:17 pm »

Robertc2k - Media Center can convert your files on the fly from WMA to MP3 while transferring them to the Ipod.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2003, 06:47:27 pm »

canaro99,

2) Playlist from MC in tree show correct files. Clicking on (the few that show) playlist names from the iPod drive letter do not show all of the correct files.

This problem has only appeared since I decided to go "lossless" with ape files on my ripping. Is the problem in the conversion process. I seem to have opened a bucket of worms by wanting higher quality files on my computer.

Thank you,

John

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2003, 07:00:54 pm »

canaro99,

Doesn't work here either. Some songs with playlist relationships and most without.

:P

Thank you,

John

senshine

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2003, 09:36:01 pm »

Wow ask and you shall recieve...thanks. When you mean next build do you mean  9.1.303 or 9.1.304 or do you mean the next stable..like 9.2

thanks

(IPOD auto disconnect)

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2003, 02:16:27 am »

Steve - reformatted and the problem is gone so I guess the DB got corrupted. What I don't understand is how.

I've also been trying to resolve an issue with Audible files not playing. It's still there. The forum at iPODlounge suggested that there was a problem with MC that caused this. Is this correct?

Any ideas anybody?

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 150 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 383 MB, Free - 76 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TOSHIBA  CDRW/DVD SDR2102   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2003, 07:01:32 am »

Just installed the latest release and when clicking on F (the iPOD) the files are retreived but clicking on the + next to F causes the dreaded 'h' box and MC closes.

This has happened again.

I am working on resolving the issue of Audible files not playing and straight after using Audible Manager the problem re appeared in MC so it seems that Audible is corrupting the DB.

I have reformatted and used Audible to transfer all books. They play fine. Files and tags must be OK.

Removed all Audible files using AM and started MC.

Expand CD, DVD Handhelds - iPOD shows as F.
Click + next to F - MC tells me iPOD is not formatted for MC - trees expands OK.
Initialise iPOD from within MC.
Use 'Send to' to upload audible files. Files transfer OK.
Unmount iPOD. Audible files play OK. They are not, however, listed under an ALbum, just by artist or under Album/All i.e. in the Album root.
When the files are uploaded using Audible Manager they appear under album Audible.

Reconnect iPOD. Add a music album. Unmount iPOD. Music album listed by name.Audible files just in 'root'. They can only be found if you know the artist.

Deleted audible files from iPOD using MC.

Change tag of 1 audible file (which is against Audible.com advice) to Album = Audible. Transfer to iPOD.
Eject ipod. File shows up under ALbum/Audible but doesn't play.

Reconnect ipod and delete audible file. Retag with blank in Album. Drag to iPOD and transfer. Flie doesn't play.
Delete file. Transfer another audible file without tag editing. It doesn't play!

This indicates that it is not the file itself that is the problem here.

Re inialise ipod. Transfer the Audible file that had the album tag changed and then removed. It plays OK.

This confirms that it's not a corruption of the file.

Close MC and open Audible Manager.
AM sees no Audible files on the iPOD.
Upload 1 aa file to ipod using Audible Manager.
Unmount ipod.

Audible album is now present and contains 1 aa book. It doesn't play!

Restart MC.
Back to the same problem. MC closes when the + is clicked!

Any ideas?

SouthsideIrish

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2003, 07:56:03 am »

No offense, but you keep posting in different boards and never answer my question. What version of MC9 are you using? BTW, there is no need to use the Audible manager for anything other than downloading the files. Once I do that I shut it down and then transfer the audible files to the iPod using MC9. Also, there was a problem with a couple of the late .2xx versions that could be causing this as well.

Again, please stay in one thread, and also tell us what version of MC9 you are using. BTW, I've been trying to help you, but you never reply.

Bill McNair

SteveG

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2003, 09:21:33 am »

Bill, bjevers, crow,

Thanks for jumping in and replying.

Ashley,

Switching back and forth between Audible Manager and MC will cause problems. Audible formats the database in one way and MC in another. Try initializing in MC and then transfer whatever you want and if you are having problems playing .aa files, let me know.

Senshine,

It wan in 9.1.303, but that version was pulled. The next 9.1 release should have this.

John,

I am losing your train of thought.

Doesn't work here either. Some songs with playlist relationships and most without.

Not sure what this refers to.  The select all, deselect all? FYI in regards to..

I made another comment about a "check box" for major groups.

Try right clicking on a selection in the sync dialogue tree and use 'Select subitems' and 'Deselect subitems' to get the behavior you want.

2) Playlist from MC in tree show correct files. Clicking on (the few that show) playlist names from the iPod drive letter do not show all of the correct files.

I don't follow. You click on the Playlist in the tree and see the files, but if you click on the drive letter you don't see the files at all?

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2003, 10:59:00 am »

John,

I am losing your train of thought.

Not sure what this refers to.  The select all, deselect all? FYI in regards to..]

I don't follow. You click on the Playlist in the tree and see the files, but if you click on the drive letter you don't see the files at all?

Steve,

You know, it's funny, when you're staring at the screen and attempting to describe what you're seeing, your writing seems clear and concise -- I think I should ask a third part to read what I write first.....

My comment about songs with and without playlists refer to this picture that is what MC is showing is on my iPod after a synch: some songs have a playlist shown and others do not. They all should be related to a playlist.

This is the screen shot:

With respect to the relationship question:

My problems began with: build 302 and/or the decision to start ripping files in ape format. When I try to synch my iPod, I select

1. Force file conversion on uploads
2. Choose mp3
3. Skip files of selected encoder type has been both selected and deselected with no apparent difference in the final result.

I don't know whether the problems are related to converting ape files to mp3, uploading both mp3 and converted ape files, the current build or some other problem.

Bottom line: I have a useless white/chrome paper weight on my desk that I need to use Thursday, Friday, and Sunday for DJ work and this is #%$^@@!! frustrating. (Thank you, I needed that release.)

Steve (and others) thank you for any ideas.

John
Thank you,

John

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2003, 11:37:20 am »

RE: Playlists. (I just installed build .302 and haven't used it yet, so if this works differently there, just ignore me.)

I don't recall this happening in earlier versions of MC9, but I coulda been blind. But now all my Playlists on the iPod are named with the Group they belong to in Parentheses afterwards.

I find this messy, a bit annoying, and as far as I can tell, unneccessary. I can't do anything on the iPod with that information, it just adds confusion when I am looking at my list of Playlists.

Is this something I can turn off or otherwise stop from happening?

Thanks.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2003, 01:03:01 pm »

Steve,

Since the last message, I've done the following:

1.  Reformated the iPod with Apple 1.3 updater.
2.  Initialize the iPod with MC

When trying to transfer files I get either:

a.  No handheld device detected..... I go through the initialize drill again and seem to get caught in "Okay to Disconnect Loop" hell.

b. Files failed to transfer with error message "0"

c. The iPod is "detected" but no transfer only the "Okay to disconnect" loop.

HELP!!

Thank you,

John

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2003, 01:11:04 pm »

Further note: Simply dragging files to the "drag files etc" dialog causes an "Okay to disconnect."

BTW,

build 302  HH ver 76

System Info:

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2377 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 235 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
Thank you,

John

SteveG

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2003, 01:50:57 pm »

tlongacre,

This was implemented a while back because in MC it is possible to have multiple playlists named the same thing (i.e. 'My Favorites' and 'My Favorite Group\My Favorites)and the iPod does not have a multi level naming system for Playlists.  This can be improved in the future.

John,

I know your frustrated, but try to keep things simple for now.  Lets first address the No Handheld detected issue. Try formatting the iPod in Windows, disconnect and reconnect your iPod. Is it detected correctly by MC and in Explorer? If not, you have some kind of hardware issue that needs to be resolved. If it is detected, drag an drop a few files on the iPod drive letter and transfer them.

Steve

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2003, 02:06:04 pm »

Steve,

Thank you.

Since the post, I've done the following:

1. Reformatted with Updater.
2. Initialized with MC.
3. Ran a small, but partially successful test.
4. Disconnected the iPod.
5. Reconnected the iPod.

It now immediately goes to "Okay to Disconnect" upon connection.

I rest the iPod. (BTW, nothing on my system has changed with respect to programs etc) since this has started.

I reconnect and the cycle of "Okay to Disconnect" continues.......

Thanks
Thank you,

John

SteveG

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2003, 03:08:53 pm »

John,

If the iPod is going to the 'disconnect' mode, this sounds like a hardware issue. If you don't run MC when you reconnect, you will probably see the drive disappear in Explorer. Another possibility is that another application is interfering, but that would not explain the disconnect. Most likely it is the cable, your firewire port, or your iPod. Try running another application and see if it exhibits the same behavior.

Steve

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2003, 05:44:22 pm »

tlongacre,

This was implemented a while back because in MC it is possible to have multiple playlists named the same thing (i.e. 'My Favorites' and 'My Favorite Group\My Favorites)and the iPod does not have a multi level naming system for Playlists.  This can be improved in the future.

Oh good, I'm glad I wasn't just crazy and had never noticed these before. Yes, let's please have an improvement. Why don't you just disalloy two Playlists with the same name?

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2003, 09:00:47 pm »

Steve,

It's probably Argentina and not hardware -- everything worked fine until I came back after a month. I went from 269 to 305 (as of today).

I've not had these issues before -- the immediate "okay to disconnect" -- I'm using the same sound card (Audigy2), the same Apple factory cable, the same computer. The only thing I've done to try to fix this mess is re-install Updater 1.3; restore the pod, initialize the pod and then everything has gone back to the same old story -- right now I feel like selling the iPoop for a good price and going back to CDs -- they work.

I'm on my way out with CDs to do a job I expected to do with the pod and MC >:(

I'll try again tomorrow (and probably waste most of the day).

Thank you,

John

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2003, 09:42:26 pm »

canaro99:

Try uninstalling "iPod Manager" (or it might show up as iPod Software for Windows").

If you reinstalled the updater this may have gotten back on your system.

Also, of note--the Audigy is a terrible card for firewire.  The reason is that Creative decided not to follow the IEEE1394 standard, and decided to create their own (SB1394).  Why?  Well, that's beyond me.  I know that you didn't have problems before using this card, but it's something to think about.

Adam

thtv01

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2003, 12:12:58 am »

I think Adam may be right about the 'iPod Manager'.  I use to experience the same problem that canaro99 is having.  It seemed like every time I would connect the iPod it would be fine for a minute or two then all of a sudden it would disconnect.  I then came along one of Adam's post on the iPodlounge about removing the 'iPod manager' and ever since I removed it I've never had the problem again.

One note, I also removed everything to do with MMJB at that same time just to be safe and I've never looked back.
Tim

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2003, 04:45:27 am »

Steve,

All Audible files now playing correctly. Thanks for your help. When MC can download aa files to we'll be set!

A low priority adddition to the plug-in would be to automatically create a 'virtual album' called Audible, that the aa files can be found in. I'm using a playlist at the moment as the aa files don't support the album tag. Don't lose sleep over it though!

Thanks.

btvillarin

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2003, 01:01:33 pm »

I'm not mad at MC9, just upset that I have to take a few extra steps when want to have a successful sync.  I hope I can get some help on this.

Very often, I've had to rebuild the iPod database.  I have a smartlist where songs need ratings.  Once I get some of those songs rated the way I like, I sync with MC9 so those songs can be placed in the proper smartlist.

Today, I've had to rebuild my iPod DB twice.  After I sync, and I check my iPod playlists, there will be one blank and the "On-The-Go" playlist.  So, I reconnect my iPod, rebuild the DB, sync, and it finally works.

It's been happening for quite some time, even after reinitializing my iPod.

Any suggestions to guide me to a solution?  Other than this, everything is totally awesome!  

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry KingSparta...I forgot about this thread.  Forgiveness?  :D

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2003, 01:19:50 pm »

I regularly experience the same thing re the playlists.

It is a real pain but I'm sure it will be resolved eventually. I have noticed that the playlists show up in MC when looking at the iPOD but don't display on the iPOD itself. Sometimes a soft reset of the iPOD fixes this.

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2003, 01:31:23 pm »

Now that I'm all synched and working I thought I'd have a play and see how for the plug-in has come on since I was last active. I've been out of the loop a while.

I love the sync data to MC feature.

What I'd like to know is when is a track considered as 'listened too'.

Is it as soon as it starts playing or when it finishes?

I was out in the car with my iPOD today and some of the tracks I listened to aren't listed in 'heard today' but it may be because I didn't hear them thru.

Trivial I know but nice to know all the same.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up