INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.302 available  (Read 8530 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.302 available
« on: November 11, 2003, 04:25:20 pm »

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91302.exe

9.1.302 History
1. NEW: Album Thumbnails now sortable in any user defined way.
2. NEW: Added "Ignore Articles" sorting option. (ignores a, an, and the when sorting)
3. NEW: Added "Use 'Album Artist (auto)' for 'Artist'" sorting option.
4. NEW: Added sort option to sort empty values last. (so empty tracks aren't always at the top of Media Library)
5. NEW: Added "Load: Date Imported" to sort preset menu.
6. Changed: Sorting options in separate dialog. (available from right-click > List Style or Options > Tree & View)
7. NEW: Panes automatically "smart size" when there isn't enough room available.
8. NEW: Added support for skinning splitters in mega-me skins.
9. Fixed: ASIO plugin could cause "too much spent data" message in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- let us know)
10. Fixed: Hairstyle could crash when navigating an empty submenu.

9.1.301 History
1. Fixed: CD burner didn't support 44X max speed for writing.
2. Fixed: Date sorting could fail to properly order dates within a few seconds of one another.
3. Fixed: When doing "Acquire Images" for the first time, MC could keep asking what drive to use over and over.
4. Fixed: Handheld upload dialog controls were not aligned.
5. Fixed: After drag-n-drop or delete from a playlist, it would scroll back to the top.
6. Fixed: Portable plugin was giving available space exceeded error when it should not have.
7. Fixed: Several Playing Now actions (drag-n-drop, delete, etc.) would cause the selection / scroll state to be lost.
8. Changed: Enter didn't fire the configured double-click action in the tree.
9. Fixed: When invoking DVD filter properties from the right-click menu, skinning would not get disabled -- causing hanging with some filter sets.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Re:Media Center 9.1.302 available
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 04:51:10 pm »

New sorting order (without the articles) is the same as on iPods... nice!

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 05:02:07 pm »

Bug:
1. After a succesful upload to a handheld (CF-card via PC-card in laptop), the drive letter node under CDs, DVDs & Handhelds disappears.  The only way to get it back in MC is to restart MC (refresh does nothing nor does removing the PC-card and reinserting).  Using Windows Explorer, the drive (PC-card) is always accessible (doesn't disappear).

UPDATE:
I think this problem started when the 'backend' was redone recently for tree management (or something)...builds 292 (or so) and later.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 05:18:48 pm »

2. NEW: Added "Ignore Articles" sorting option. (ignores a, an, and the when sorting)

This is AWESOME!!!!

Is this so you can have a view without album artist, but that the content is sorted by album artist(auto)?

4. NEW: Added sort option to sort empty values last. (so empty tracks aren't always at the top of Media Library)  

THanks, that was always a little pet peeve.

Does this allow for effects where the skins are shrunk and inlarged?  Like some of the mini-me skins, where they have panels that shoot in and out?

kiwi

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 05:19:00 pm »

A little "how to" hint?  ;)

Omni

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 05:40:12 pm »

9. Fixed: ASIO plugin could cause "too much spent data" message in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- let us know)

Just "letting you know" that this fix solved all my ASIO playback problems.  Thanks!!!   ;D

Omni

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 05:44:16 pm »

Love the smart sizing panes and the article ignored by sorting. Is there any chance that the article could be ignored in the panes too? It's a little strange to have The Beatles appear at the top of the list in the bottom track area but at the bottom of the list in the artist pane. Edit: In fact I've noticed that the article is semi-ignored in panes. The Beatles appears under T in the Artists column but appear above artists beginning with S which is weird. Also have you allowed for any unusually names artists such as The The and A Camp? At the moment A Camp appears under C when it should appear under A.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 05:49:42 pm »

2 words - Absolutely Awesome!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 06:17:15 pm »

Haven't upgraded in a few builds.  Love the changes.  Even the count added to the top of the panes (eg. "All (145)")  Nice little lift from iTunes.  :)

Or was that always there.   ;)

One thing I did notice.  I use typing to navgate the Artist pane a lot.  Type "B" to get me to the B artists, an S to get to the S artists.  It could be off here, but now it seems to work for the first letter I type, but subsequent letters don't do anything.

For example, hit "F" and I'm brought to Artists starting w/F.  If I hit "S" I should then be brought to artists starting w/S.  If I leave the pane and come back to it, it'll work.

Am I making sense?

:D

Adam(S)

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 07:23:29 pm »

Panes don't size properly if one of the panes is image file and it includes the path to the image file.

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 07:24:19 pm »

This is the best software app I've ever, ever used.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Wobbley

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 08:55:55 pm »

Thanks for attempting auto-size. Sofar it is unsuccessful though. I bet, you resize each column with equal percentage. Well, that does not work. Some small column that were visible before, totally disappear now. Unfortunately, the very important grouping columns are gone.

I think some user customization is required for this job. While full artist names may be important, full song names might not be that important. (especially, in this logic, some unimportant large columns may completely take the screen over.)

How about letting user to specify minimum size of some columns. That is, the user specifies the size of a column for a particular window size. When the window is resized, the columns are resized at the same percentage if required.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 09:11:19 pm »

First of all... all of these new sorting options are absolutely fantastic! Thank you!

But... (there's always a but) the pane autosizing is a bit... odd.

Take this example (names have been censored to protect the innocent and the not so innocent):

http://www.dooftoo.com/MC/Interact/Screenshots/resize.jpg

You can see that some columns are shrunk to an unreasonable size in favor of other columns. Not sure what the criteria is there...

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 10:33:58 pm »

Argh! I can't handle three new builds in such a short time!
Almost missed the addition of GetFields() to the SDK - OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!!

It's nice to see all these little nit-picky things are getting fixed/implemented - MC just keeps getting more solid and more usable. Again, thanks heaps.

Scott.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Startup Volume Not Set
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2003, 12:23:14 am »

When using Internal Volume and under Staup Options select Startup Volume, the value is not used/set when MC starts.

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2003, 02:39:22 am »

Great improvements !

Since you've been working on the SDK, any chance of seeing http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16037 addressed ?

Shortly put: getting the IMAGEFILE_DISPLAY value return the 'Tools > Options > View Settings > Display Image' instead of "MJ logo if file doesn't have an image" in 'MJFileAutomation->GetImageFile(MJImageFileFlags nImageFileFlag)' (MC Interface SDK)
Great piece of soft, guys!

nila

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2003, 03:05:55 am »

Woot Woot!!!

Auto Sizing Panes!!!
YES YES YES!!!!

First go so not expecting it to be perfect but it's pretty darn close on my system.

THANK YOU, Merci Beaucoup (spelt wrong I know), Muchas Gracius (I know it's wrong too), and any other language THANK YOU FOR RESIZING PANES!!!
Just squeezed an extra column into my default view scheme - now have Genre in the default view too:

Year/Location (sorts for full albums, compilations, etc)/Genre/Artist (group 2)/Artist/Album/Album (group 2)/ Album

Woot Woot!! Thank you!! :)

I LOVE the way your spending the time just finishing off and refining what's already there now and making it rock solid and work great!!

While ur working on the panes - any chance of being able to chose the Sort Order (right now it's DESC, it'd be nice to be able to set it to ASC too if we wanted for some panes) and also to have grouping levels working for numeric fields, sizes, dates etc??

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2003, 03:52:47 am »

Merci Beaucoup (spelt wrong I know)

No, you spelt it right ;D Just don't capitalize words inside sentences  ;)

(That's one of the most unnerving things in CDDB/YADB/whichever's info about latin-language albums: that capitalization everywhere! Fortunaly, MC includes a "clean file properties" !)
Great piece of soft, guys!

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2003, 04:26:36 am »

A couple of old bugs:

Can't paste a multi-line string into an ordinary field.  This affects me when trying to add lyrics to songs.  I can't just go to the Lyrics field in the list, press F2, and paste the lyrics.  I have to go to the tag info in the action window, find the lyrics field there, click the edit button, and paste the multi-line string in a dialog window.

Select a random song in the media library, let's say #10.  Resort so that this song is in another position, let's say #400.  It's still highlighted and visible in the window, as it should be.  Now try to select a range starting with the selected file #400.  The selection logic still thinks #10 is selected.  In other words, if I shift-click #390, I don't end up with #390-#400 selected, as expected.  Instead, #10-#390 are selected.

JaWe

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2003, 04:48:41 am »

7. NEW: Panes automatically "smart size" when there isn't enough room available.

Can I disable this feature anywhere?

nila

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2003, 05:06:40 am »

Sorting menu is great but can we have some way - maybe a pop-up dialog box or something to allow us to sort when using Thumbnails.
Right now we have to go to details, sort, go back to covers, then go back to details again to change the sorting.
Some way of sorting for thumbnails is needed too - something on the GUI would be nice so it'd be as fast and as easy to change sorting mode (and see the current one) when in thumbnail mode as it currently is in details mode - esp. for images this is important!

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2003, 07:45:42 am »

Sometimes MC9 seems to "lose" cover art...

I keep practically all my cover art in the album directories, named folder.jpg to support Windows thumbnails.

Sometimes MC9 seems to "lose" the cover art, in the thumbnail view and the Playing Now views that show cover art. I can sometimes get it back by using "Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory", but sometimes not.

I can *usually* get it back by using the "Add From File..." command, but sometimes, even when the file exists and appears correctly in Explorer, MC9 will not make the thumbnail.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2003, 08:38:00 am »

How do i sort by Album Artist (auto) ( as it was in the past) in Album Thumbnails view ?

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2003, 08:47:18 am »

Doesn't work for groupings...so it's confusing with view schemes that use grouping because as you drill-down, the articles are included in the groups (and not ignored).

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2003, 09:52:31 am »

That seems to work when you first go to a view scheme or make a selection from the panes.   However, if you manually change the column sort order in the details, it uses the regular Artist field then.  Example, click on Artist field to re-sort descending.  It then sorts only by the artist field.  

-J

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2003, 10:34:29 am »

Ripped 5 new cd's with 302 version on WXP-SP1. 4 cd's were ok, one was not rippable giving the following error:

"Media Center has detected a new CD in drive Z:\, but can't get the correct volume information. Please try ejecting and reinserting the CD"

Tried on an older version of MC on my second pc on Windows 2000 and it worked - this means no Copyright protection!

Also the "getting cover art from scanner" does not work any longer. MC and the scanner software are hanging. When you say "Get from Scanner" I get the following info: "Server busy. Change To.. , Repeat, Cancel"  (in German) After clicking a few times on Change To, I get the scanner preview app (HP Precision Scan 3.04), but when I say accept, both apps are hanging. It used to work flawlessly before!

Media Center Registered 9.1.302 -- P:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1716 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 256 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive Z:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive Y: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »

This is new:

Move a folder onto a share, try to do an import on that folder, it says that there were 0 files imported.  Tree refreshes.  Import again, it works just fine.
Toast goes in the toaster.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2003, 12:19:29 pm »

Bug: The Library Tools>Update Tags (from Library) and Library Tools>Update Library (from Tags -- Always) are reversed.

Thanks.

Thank you,

John

jleerigby

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2003, 12:38:32 pm »

Fantastic release.  Even the auto sizing has worked for me.  Well done and thank you.  

2 comments:

1.  Building thumbnails in Hairstyle is dreadfully slow and it's made worse by the fact they are not cached.  e.g. If you select 'back' and then go back into the page you were just in you have to wait while it rebuilds the thumbnails.  Thumbnails are unusable for me in HS.

2.  The Data\Custom Art folder does not seem to work for all art work.  It's fine with Fretwalker's excellent icons but I tried to use a different picture for NoThumb.png and this didn't work (i.e. MC continued to use the NoThumb.png fvrom Data\Default Art).

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2003, 12:59:04 pm »

Great release!!!
Fantastic... MC is the better!!

tkx

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2003, 01:00:55 pm »

I am getting used to the auto-sizing panes.  I just, however, rated a track and the panes reverted to the old style of being equal widths (there are 3 panes in this particular view scheme).

jleerigby

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2003, 01:34:13 pm »

Performance of visualisations and 3d visualisations DID get worse in recent builds.  Check out this thread for the evidence:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16712

SteveG

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2003, 01:54:12 pm »

ZRocker,

I cannot duplicate the handheld drive disappearance. Are you transferring via drag and drop or sync? Any other steps to duplicate this?

Steve

LimpFace.Dk

• I'm a llama!
Still problemøs downloading MegaMe skins
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2003, 02:03:03 pm »

Hey there!

Who are making the updates to Media Center ??
If some of you are then please reply to my e-mail     LassejLassej@ofir.dk

The MegaMe skins are not working and it had not work in a long time, I'm tired loocking on all the OGLY skins I can download MiniMe skins but not MegaMe skins please me I know you can...............

ZRocker

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2003, 02:22:39 pm »

ZRocker,

I cannot duplicate the handheld drive disappearance. Are you transferring via drag and drop or sync? Any other steps to duplicate this?

I just drag-and-drop some files to a folder under the G: drive letter (my 'handheld') and click Transfer button.  The transfer works then MC 'refreshes' the display (after I click Ok to the transfer completed dialog).  After the 'refresh', the drive letter G: is gone and will never return (unless I restart MC).

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2003, 08:01:37 pm »

The logic behind column auto-resizing fails when you have a number of columns on an 800x600 screen.  I'm using MC9.1 on a TV over S-Video, and have gotten used to displaying these columns:

Media type, Genre, Artist, Album, Track

It's a lot to display on a small screen but the first few characters of each column is typically enough.  However now, the Media Type column is gone completely except for its scrollbar, the Genre column shows only the first character, and the other columns are taking up the remaining space.

So it's good in theory but I don't know how you can pull it off, unless you provide the option to manually drag each column's width like in Excel.  If this can't be accomplished, I'd strongly suggest an option to disable auto-resize altogether for folks running lower resolutions.

-Doug

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2003, 04:10:20 am »

Thanks for fixing DVD playback.  It works great when viewing on my PC monitor.... however,  I'm unable to view any DVD's via second monitor (TV).   All other video formats (mpg,avi, etc) work fine.   Is overlay the only way to view dvd's on a TV monitor? :-[

-Cindy

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2003, 08:22:47 am »

I know this has been addressed before, but I really think its more intuitive and more functional to have the action window show the CURRENTLY PLAYING track info WHEN the player is in the "PLAYING NOW" mode.  Also I'd bet most people would prefer that the action window remember the settings from the previous session rather than reverting back to the home page.

Thanks,
Mike

Foxus

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2003, 10:22:49 am »

Hi,  I`ve just started looking at the SDK, and noticed that in release 300 there was mention of 2 new objects,  getfields() and getzones() , but I can`t find them..

Can anyone point me in the right direction.  The "Media Jukebox.tlb" I have is dated 15/09/2003.  

Cheers

Paul

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re:Still problemøs downloading MegaMe skins
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2003, 10:40:32 am »

Hey there!

Who are making the updates to Media Center ??
If some of you are then please reply to my e-mail     LassejLassej@ofir.dk

The MegaMe skins are not working and it had not work in a long time, I'm tired loocking on all the OGLY skins I can download MiniMe skins but not MegaMe skins please me I know you can...............

JimH already responded to you the last time you posted. MEGA-ME skins that you download from the skins page are for MC 9.0 only. They don't work in 9.1 If you want skins for 9.1 you need to go to the Third Party Skins And Plugins forum and download skins that are posted in there.

Sauzee

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2003, 01:05:40 pm »

I find MC crashing regularly when I insert an audio or data CD and then move to CD & DVD area of tree.  

I have "do nothing" selected for all  CD options.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2003, 02:33:24 pm »

v302 is now crashing regularly everytime I try to synch with my iPod -- even when I deliberately skip *.ape files.

Media Center Registered 9.1.302 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2402 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 214 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Thank you,

John

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2003, 03:08:03 pm »

I know this has been addressed before, but I really think its more intuitive and more functional to have the action window show the CURRENTLY PLAYING track info WHEN the player is in the "PLAYING NOW" mode.  Also I'd bet most people would prefer that the action window remember the settings from the previous session rather than reverting back to the home page.

Thanks,
Mike

Hmmm. Not sure about this. The display area and the track info visualization both show info for the Currently Playing track already. It's quite handy for the Action Window to follow the selection instead, that way it displays the info for the files that will be affected by any edits. I use it to "look ahead" in the Playing Now queue.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2003, 03:53:20 pm »

Currently unable to Add Folder on shared drives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up