INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Zones with Yamaha RP-U100  (Read 699 times)

yaarne

• Recent member
  • Wake me up when this is over!
Multiple Zones with Yamaha RP-U100
« on: November 25, 2003, 12:11:09 am »

I sent this inquiry to Yamaha's tech support. I have not received a reply yet, so I thought I would check if anyone here has any experience with this that could help me with my question. Note that Yamaha's PC interface program allows advanced control of the receiver, not available through the front panel...

Subject: Multimedia Speakers, Headphones and CAVIT Support

Dear Technical Support:

Regarding the RP-U100, I purchased one unit a week ago and am very happy with the product, and now would like to buy three (3) more and attach them to one computer. I have a media program (JRiver's Media Center 9.1) that is able to address multiple sound outputs, and I would expect that each Personal Receiver would show up as a separate USB device that could be addressed with this program. My question is, how would your PC interface program, shipped with the RP-U100, handle the multiple devices?

Please advise as soon as possible. I want to make the purchase for the additional units prior to November 30, 2003, but am hesitant until I am sure that I can successfully attach more than one RP-U100 to one computer and also use your PC interface program to control each unit individually.

Pages: [1]   Go Up