INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What can we do with 10'000 images?  (Read 749 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What can we do with 10'000 images?
« on: November 25, 2003, 07:25:18 am »

By now I have a exactly 10013 images loaded in MC9.1, most of them neatly tagged. Now, what can I do with them at the moment. 4 things come to my mind, two of them I use regularly.

1) Run a slide show (with or without music and effects)
2) Make a playlist and run it (with or without music) and effects)
3) Set an image to wallpaper (don't use that)
4) Export images to a Web-Server (don't use that)

With so many images, I would like MC9.1 to be my only program to manage music, images and video, but the following tasks I cannot do right now and would like to do in a near future as I do not want to handle so many images with different applications:

1) Use my 10000 images as wallpaper (with a wallpaper changer app)
2) Use them in a screensaver application
3) have a slide show or a screensaver and produce an exe file out of it, so I can send it to my friends and they simply click on it.
4) Add an autorun feature to 3), so that I can burn self-starting cd's running either a screensaver, a slide show or a slide show inside a trial-version of MC9.1, so that friends can fully try out the whole program and eventually buy it themselves.
5) The slide show should either run in Hairstyle mode or in a browser
6) There should be more configurability on how I want display tag info on the screen like font size and color, area of the screen, duration of display, different moving modes etc. Some kind of extension of the track info page.
7) I should be able to send selected playlists to a wallpaper or screensaver app, but should also be able to save different wallpaper cycles or screensavers with a distinguished name like Summer screensaver, Winter screensaver etc.

I definitely prefer the slide show display mode much more than any  photo album display mode!

What's up J River? Any plans in those directions?

sraymond

Re:What can we do with 10'000 images?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 12:02:25 pm »

6) There should be more configurability on how I want display tag info on the screen like font size and color, area of the screen, duration of display, different moving modes etc. Some kind of extension of the track info page.

This is very high on my list of "low-hanging fruit"...  I certainly like the 'Image" display plugin, but once the slideshow is playing, I'd much prefer to go to the "Track Info" display plugin so that I can customize how the metadata appears with the images.  BUt this isn't an option with images - it's only present when audio is playing with a slideshow.

The current "Caption" is all but useless to me - as I can't figure out how to change even just the font size.

Oh...  and pretty much unrelated to this, but it's confusing when pull-down menu options change.  When just images are playing, you don't even see the display pluigns entry.  Why not grey out the items that don't have significance in the current context?

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up