INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Reshuffle on loop?  (Read 1574 times)

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Auto Reshuffle on loop?
« on: November 29, 2003, 10:33:37 pm »

I have a playlist set with about 50 (ish) songs. When I play in shuffle mode with continuous on, it will replay all the songs in the same "shuffled" order each time through the list. Is there a way to have it auto reshuffle each time it starts the list over?

If there is and I missed it, please forgive me. I searched and found no information on this type of request

jleerigby

Re:Auto Reshuffle on loop?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 05:42:53 am »

I don't think so.  You would have to manually reshuffle it.  As a workaround you could just add the playlist lots of times but shuffle it before you add it each time. Then you would get one giant list of 50+50+50+50 etc and within each 50 they would all be shuffled.  By the time it reaches the end and wraps around to the beggining you'd have difficulty noticing that they'd be played in that order before.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 09:48:43 am »

A slight problem with that is that you may well end up listening to the same song again within a short space of time.

Let x=number of minutes for your playlist.

It would be wise to have a skip filter in place which used a smartlist to ignore files that have been played in the last x/2 minutes, just in case.

Is there not a command line to reshuffle? This should work:

mjextman.exe /mcc 10005, 2

You can always add this as a windows scheduler task to run every x-1 minutes.

Of course, there is no easy way to simply enable, disable or change all of this, but it does exactly what you ask for!! :D

Anyone want to write a plugin? Just do a reshuffle when we are on the last track of PN? perhaps automatically disable playing the last x/2 played tracks? have fun!

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 02:21:52 pm »

A slight problem with that is that you may well end up listening to the same song again within a short space of time.

No you wouldn't - not unless the same track appeared more than once within the 50 tracks.  What I said was shuffle the playlist list before you add it to playing now.  I was not suggesting that you shuffle the playing now list.

The task scheduler would work.  Nice idea.  Just check how long the playlist is and schedule it to kick in every <playlist length> minutes.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 02:04:21 am »

Sorry JLee, I was talking to JC!

But even with your suggestion, you might.

After first shuffle (and then add to play now) you get tracks 1 through 50, say.

You reshuffle the Playlist (not playing now) and add it. But after that reshuffle, say that the track order is now 48, 27, 50, ...

You will still end up with the following track situation:

48, 49, 50, (new playlist appended from here), 48, 27, 50....

You would experience exactly the same recurrence as if you simply reshuffled playing now.

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 11:40:39 am »

You will still end up with the following track situation:

48, 49, 50, (new playlist appended from here), 48, 27, 50....

Yes of course, I understand that but the workaround offered was valid given that JC wants to reshuffle after playing his 50 tracks.  If JC does not want to risk replaying tracks faily close together then then the best solution will be to find more than 50 tracks for the playlist!

(But the exclusion smartlist is yet another good idea!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up