INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Remote and remote playback  (Read 964 times)

emcubed

Web Remote and remote playback
« on: December 08, 2002, 06:42:16 am »

I am an MJ8 user.  I have 4 machines in the house, each uses their own MJ8, sharing files off one common drive.

I would like to be able to control the living room MJ8 from one of the remote machines.  Anyone know how?

I downloaded a plug-in called Web Remote -- hoping it would be my solution -- but there are not instructions, and I can't tell how to make it work.  Anyone who can point me where to look or guide me here?

Much appreciated.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Web Remote and remote playback
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 06:55:07 am »

The web remote is the "back" end of the system you are trying to create. It opens up the MJ that it is enabled on to accept commands via a specific HTTP protocol.

You need to either create (which I have no idea how to do) or find a front end that will hook into it.

The best one I know of is called Glissando. It's a Flash application that puts a "Hairstyle" front-end on MJ.

The only link I have is:

http://www.syrinx.net/files/Glissando.0.5.2a.zip

If you search the forums here or at the AVS forums, you'll find more information.

Best,
Brad

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Web Remote and remote playback
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 06:55:41 am »

A search here should give you plenty of information on it.

If you downloaded it, it's installed as a plugin.  You can go to MJ's plugin manager and configure it (in the interface section).  You need to choose a port (8080, for example -- 80 is not a good choice) and start it (from the plugins section of the MJ tree (left side of window).

Again, a search will yield a lot of info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up