INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Photos of New Air and Space Museum Annex  (Read 615 times)

TimB

• Citizen of the Universe
OT: Photos of New Air and Space Museum Annex
« on: December 17, 2003, 05:29:15 am »

I live about 5 miles away from the new Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum Annex in Dulles, VA.  This is the place they're putting the items that are too large for the main Air and Space Museum in downtown DC:  Concorde, SR-71 (Blackbird), Space Shuttle Enterprise.

I took some photos while I was there that I thought I'd share with y'all.  The camera was kinda underpowered for the job so I could only enhance about 20% of the photos to the point that they were worth looking at and even then they're no works of art but the actual exhibits are truly amazing.  (Disclamer over).

http://www.qcomet.com/photos/tims/dulles/index.html

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:OT: Photos of New Air and Space Museum Annex
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 05:55:42 am »

Looks like they have some very cool exhibits.  You are lucky having something like this down the road.  Unfortunately for me it is just a tad too far away (about 3000 miles :)).  In the UK we have a space museum in Leicester which is pretty good but obiously we are not renowned for our space expeditions so most of the exhibits are borrowed.  They still have some pretty cool stuff though...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up