INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what EXACTLY is saved in library backup :)  (Read 1107 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
what EXACTLY is saved in library backup :)
« on: December 18, 2003, 05:18:10 am »

hi guys

i have been working in the last 3 weeks to customize my MC9 (now 10) to fit my needs. i have made new schemes, views, orginized my library etc etc..now im going to put my huge (200+) DivX collection into the cd/dvd scheme in the library which will take hours ..:( . I have a feeling that my windows is gonna croack soon and that i will have to reinstall which means reinstalling mediacenter as well.

so my Q is when i backup My MC library what exactly gets backed up, the mp3 library or also all the removable media info (including tags), my Schemes (very important since i worked on them for hours..) and does it remember your preffrences etc.. Does anyone know about how it works

Really appriciate it

Zeltak  :)  8)

Marko

Re:what EXACTLY is saved in library backup :)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 06:23:32 am »

To save your settings, back up this registry key...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\
and import it after installing windows.

As for the library, yes, MC's library backup saves your library, basically, it saves what you see in the tree. To get all of your customisations however, think about making a manual backup of the entire ..\program files\...\MediaCenter\Data\ directory, this will ensure you don't lose any coverart etc., and also, if you have any skins addded, back up the mega and mini skins dir's too.

You should be good to go after that :)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 06:36:38 am »

thx marko ,will do it  :)

one last Q though, does the library backup include all the removable cds/dvds i have, that is all the volume # etc it automaticlly stores in the library evrytime i insert a new cd?

thx alot for the reply

Zeltak  :)

Marko

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 02:11:59 pm »

Yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up