INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide Show on second monitor? It works!!!  (Read 8272 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Slide Show on second monitor? It works!!!
« on: December 18, 2003, 10:09:52 am »

Hi J River

Is it in any way possible to run a slide show on one monitor and another slide show on a second monitor. Can it be done in any way by setting different zones or is such a feature simply not implemented yet?

If it is possible, what are the basic requirements for the graphic card?

I have an Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200, but MC9 never shows "Display #2" in Configure Display whether I set it up in cloning or in extended mode.

How do I have to set up the graphic card to get "Display #2" in MC9?

sraymond

Re:Slide Show on second monitor?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 10:22:29 am »

Jaguu,

I have an ATI card...  but setting it up in Extended Desktop mode allows MC to see my second monitor as a second monitor.  This is the only way I can get it to show a slideshow on a second monitor.  Perhaps you need to fiddle with your display driver configuration?

JRiver:  Is there a way to use the video overlay for a slideshow?  This would be a better solution, for me at least.  I don't like using extended desktop mode.

Scott-

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 07:24:36 pm »

If you go to
Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display->Geforce4 xxxx->Desktop Utilities
there should be a check box marked  "Enable Dualview". This overrides nVidia's multi-monitor support (nView) and allows Windows to see the two monitors as two monitors. This may, or may not help. If the check box isn't there, try upgrading your nVidia drivers

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 07:28:40 pm »

G'ah. Just reread your post and seen that you want to do two slideshows simultaneously. Don't think this is possible. The zone system is just for audio.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 08:25:04 pm »

Cjdshaw, thank you for your advice.

HURRA, It Works....

I got it, it works!

1) I installed the latest Nvidia drivers supporting Nview 3.0. This allows to set a proper Dual view mode with independently working monitors. It was the first time that MC10 displayed a display #1 and display #2 option in Configure Display.

2) I then started a slide show on zone 1 on display #1. If I go full screen the window gets black and full screen is displayed on the second monitor.

3) I then started a slide show on zone 2 and set inside configure Display: display #2. Then went full screen. Slide show started in zone 2 was shown on second monitor.

4) Switching back to zone 1, setting display #1 again and going full screen displayed this slide show on the first monitor. So I had two independent slide shows going on. That's simply a great feature.

5) Definitely the handling needs some improvement. It's rather complex to set up and keep going. I imagine that we should be able to associate a particular monitor with a particular zone, so that when I start a slide show or a combined music/image playlist it goes directly to the specified zone.

I think this has real potential. You could have different zones, each with its own display, visualizations, slide shows etc.. This is a big winner.

Pages: [1]   Go Up