INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird registration problem  (Read 968 times)

CalaSoft

Weird registration problem
« on: December 19, 2003, 08:24:46 am »

I have been using Media Jukebox for some time now and am experienced and familiar with the vagaries of the keys which work for two weeks to allow re/multiple installs.

My problem is that I have recently set up my main PC with two hard disks (both IDE), one booting W2K and the other XP.  This is for testing purposes.

My problem is that when I return to the XP boot after using the W2K boot, I get told that my Media Jukebox is unlicensed.  I apply the licence key and all is well until I boot from W2K and then return to the XP when I get told again that I am unlicensed.

If the keys did not expire this would just be a nuisance, but as it is, it is simply unworkable....Any ideas?

I am running Media Jukebox 8.0.393 and using a standard NT boot.ini to switch between boots...ie no BootMagic or fancy 3rd party stuff.

J

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Weird registration problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 08:34:41 am »

Do they have different names?

CalaSoft

Re:Weird registration problem
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 09:05:07 am »

If you mean the computer name in System Properties then no both boots have same computer name.

I used to have different names but that made restoring network connections a pain so I changed to the same name.  In any case I had this problem even when the two boots had different names.

Or do you mean some other name?
Pages: [1]   Go Up