INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art questions...  (Read 1144 times)

danlrb

• Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skil
Cover Art questions...
« on: December 30, 2003, 03:27:43 pm »

I have several cover art questions...

1.) Where can I find art for the ones that MC9 cannot find or finds the incorrect ones?

2.) What should the size be? The one MC9 found for my albums are not all the same size. Do I have to go into photoshop and resize them? I could, but what is the "MEDIUM" standard?

3.) When I did a "clean up database" several of the ones being used were moved to the trash. Waz up wid that???

I just purchased MC9 this week, and the instructions that came with the package are sketchey at best, and offered me any insite as far as the above questions are concerned.

Help!!!! :)
Thanks, Dan'l

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Cover Art questions...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 05:05:54 pm »

1.) Where can I find art for the ones that MC9 cannot find or finds the incorrect ones?

Try My Free Plug-In for MC9 Located At

www.spartasoft.com

2.) What should the size be?
I Prefer Big Ones And So Does My Wife

3.) When I did a "clean up database" several of the ones being used were moved to the trash. Waz up wid that???
Never heard Of That One.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio, Music
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Sundog_AK

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 02:27:16 am »

1) Surprisingly, Walmart.com has a pretty good selection of cover art at 500x500 (fairly good size).  Just search the album, then click on the cover art picture to get bigger version.  Others such as Allmusic.com and Amazon.com have smaller cover art sizes.  There are many other sites you can search for (not sure if can post them) that have larger sizes..800x800..but it all varies.  

2) I personally stick with 500x500 on mine and resize the bigger ones to that size (for display via MusicLobby on big screen TV). But it all depends on what your preference is and what you are using the images for.  

3) If you used the "Update Library" function and had the "Clean Cover Directory" option checked then it would have deleted any cover art not linked to a song within MC.  You might make sure you uncheck it, especially if you use a common cover art directory for multiple programs (other than MC).  It is normally unchecked by default.  

MC has lots of features that save time (especially tagging), but you do have to make sure when you first start out that you try doing global things such as renaming, updating, etc. on smaller batches of files until you positive that you got it right and that it is doing what you expect.

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 06:50:40 am »

If the cover art isn't found when the CD is ripped I'll run it through KingSparta's plug-in. If that gives no result or a bad result, I will start a song by the artist and click "Playing Now - Artist Info" . This will bring up a website with the artist's compilations. Choose the album then right-click the image, save to disk in the cover art directory then add the image by right-clicking the album thumbnail, select "Image - Add From File..." and select the saved image.

danlrb

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 07:07:52 am »

Many Thanks to all who responded to my newbie/silly questions!

After some poking around on my own, I found the "Rresize" option.
I will set all of my images to 500x500. That seems best for me.

Now for a new question:
Do any of you use Music Lobby for the pocket PPC? I want to explore that avenue next... Any takers? If so you can e-Mail me with the good bad and the ugly if any...

::)
Thanks, Dan'l

danlrb

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 07:10:44 am »

Sorry, Mommy said there would be days like this...

That is supposed to say "resize image" not whatever my fat fingers
smooushed out...

I'm really smart, ya know!!!!! (Just can't type worth a darn!) :o
Thanks, Dan'l
Pages: [1]   Go Up