INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center & MusicMatch ID3 Tags  (Read 832 times)

Clint

• I'm a llama!
Media Center & MusicMatch ID3 Tags
« on: December 30, 2003, 08:50:19 pm »

Greetings:

After a little help here. I have a very large catalogue (which was done in MusicMatch). I've owned both programs for a while, but with the recent improvements to Media Center I would like to import all my file tags (MusicMatch) ones into MC. I don't seem to be able to do this. I've tried playing with the Library and inserting tag info that looks to be correct.

eg. MusicMatch Tags are as follows:-

COMM (MusicMatch_Tempo) : Fast

These are obviously being placed within the Comment tags BUT whatever I try (after adding items to the Library) I cannot get MC to recognise these tags UNLESS I re-enter the information. It then creates an additional (what appears to be identical) tag.

If anyone has any solutions I would really appreciate it. I have a very large collection which has taken me considerable time to categorise into Moods, Tempo, Situation etc.

Regards,

Clint.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Media Center & MusicMatch ID3 Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 08:58:49 pm »

MC should automatically create the fields when it encounters MusicMatch tags.  After that, the field will be available as a column to show and any where else fields are listed.

Make sure you're using the latest 9.1 or even 10.0 beta.

If you are and it still isn't working we'll dig some more.  It'll be a quick fix if necessary.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center & MusicMatch ID3 Tags
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 10:00:42 am »

Clint - The MMJB tags should should be viewable fine in MC9 or 10.  This capability was added about a year ago - I was able to successfully see the custom Tempo, Preference, Situation and Mood tags and I still use them in MC today.  So hang in there!  MC is fantastically better than MMJB!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up