INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.27 beta available  (Read 16971 times)

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Media Center 10.0.27 beta available
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2004, 11:35:50 am »

Bug:
1. "Save This View" is not working sometimes for view scheme sub-locations.  I added a new view scheme directly under Media Library and then added a few more view schemes under this same new view scheme. I setup the columns and sorting for the new (highest-level) view scheme and used the column right-click menu option Save This View ->  For this Location and Sub-Locations and did not get the correct results for the sub-locations (view schemes).  MC added the correct columns and in the correct column order, but MC did NOT maintain the column widths and the correct sort orders.  I tried using Reset View(s) for the sub-locations and then re-applying the Save This View for them (from their parent), but got the same bad results.  Also, Reset View went back to Media Library's column view settings and NOT the parent view scheme (for those lowest-level sub-location view schemes I tried it on)...this is not what I expected (I expected the column settings to be reset to the parent's view, not their grand parent's view).

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2004, 11:43:52 am »

I still get some very very random audio glitches that I never got before with v9, like I'll be doing something else on the computer and suddenly, audio glitch, I do the same thing again, no problem.  

My audio buffer is set at 2 seconds, it seems like whatever is causing the audio glitches is AFTER the audio buffer, or maybe some changes in the buffer handling is not working right.

Anyone else?

Penfold

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Lunchlady Doris, have ye got ony grease?
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2004, 12:22:22 pm »

Hi,

1st post so go easy...

Just bought Media Center 10 (10.0.27), tried to d/load some alternate skins on the JRiver homepage by clicking on the download link & my browser asks me to specify which Digital certificate I want to use with the site. As I don't have a digital ID I can only click 'cancel' & I get a 'forbidden' error message.

This happens with some but not all skins (pixtudio 'Attacker' does this, as does Genesis's 'Pioneer Supertuner III')

Is this a security feature to allow only registered users to d/load skins/plugins etc, if so, where can I get a Digital ID for this? I can supply my purchase details if needs be?

Not sure if this is a MC10 build problem or a specific to me problem so I'll post in the Plugins & Skins thread as well, admins feel free to delete whichever is not relevant.

Oh & I've tried both Mozilla Firebird 0.7 & IE 6 - they both ask for a certificate...
Thanks!

Update:
I have checked & tried variations in the security options in both Firebird & IE (they were at default anyway), sadly no joy...the certificates are still being asked for.

Besides, I'm thinking that if this is happening across both browsers plus I get the EXACT same 'Client Authentication' window using either browser suggests that it's the remote site, that & the message 'the website that you want to view requests authentication' in said window (of course windows could be lying through it's teeth - wouldn't be the first time!) However I have had no other problem with any other webpages, secure or otherwise, which leads me to believe it's some sort of external problem...

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong  :)

Oh, just in case this helps...(long shot I know...)

Media Center Registered 10.0.27 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center10\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 130 MB

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

MS IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2

Yet another Update:
If I click 'cancel' at the screenshot posted above I get error:

Failed to connect to a server
Reason: Forbidden
URL: http://accessories.musicex.com/mediajukebox/mj_data/miniskins/attacker_wa.zip

Looks like the 'left-click' on the link, which then activates the '.mjb' file handler is OK, it's when the '.mjb' file handler tries to get the .zip file from the server that the certification kicks in for certain files...

Like I said before it looks like the certification is browser-independant & windows generated, considering I get the exact same screen with both FB & IE of course, I'm no web guru, so I canna be sure!

However I would say that it's gonna be slightly tedious doing this for every plugin/skin/whatever that I want, BUT if the JRiver boys could have a look at those 2 skins' links & see what the difference is between them & say S Haggard's 'Birthstones' skin or Zrockers 'Lower right' skin which install fine, it may help pinpoint the problem? (these are all mini-me skins btw)

Thanks again for your help King Sparta BTW...

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2004, 12:30:36 pm »

BUG:

When playing an image full screen and then going
         right click -> configure image playback -> effects,

the effects dont apply. Does this feature work for anyone?  :-\

LisaRCT

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2004, 01:22:38 pm »

Right-click an audio file in windows . . .  .
select:  Media Center-->> Edit

Error returned 'unable to decode'

Open MC's Editor, select 'Open'-->> select the same file . . ..
Presto!
. . . . .  it is decoded   ?

Occurs with mp3 & ape

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2004, 05:50:09 pm »

TV now broken. Kills MC with a Media Core error.

Does this happen only with MC 10.0.27? Can you provide more details?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Pelo

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2004, 05:59:57 pm »

Open bugs / Usage Improvements for simplification
Great Program, Indeed, after testing about everything on the market, I consider MediaCenter the best All-in One solution on the market.

:-[
Yet, every feature should set Industry Standard in itsself, so here are some suggestions and potential bug reports.:-
- when playing audiio .m4u (ITunes..) files, it is not possible to play JPG slideshows; the visualizations get hooked up on a black screen with the indication of the Quick time Visualisation and it cannot be moved.
- .MOV (Quicktime) Movies figure under Audio files; should figure under Video (otherwise you just get the sound, but not the video).
- Imgage handling cannot be set on automatic sort by Creation Year/Month/Day from File Tag to combine the photos x session. By default sorting is done by importation date. Not very attractive for changing to mediacenter for photo handling if you have thousands of files...
- Feature Suggestion: Possibility of Password setting for user defined selected files.
- Feature Suggestion: I am playing Mediacenter on a Plasma Screen that is always on for Video Art from my MusicPlayer. Mediacenter Visualisations are really poor and have not been changed since Jukebox 8! Apple Itunes should be the benchmark.

LisaRCT

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2004, 07:10:29 pm »

>:(

Why does an upgrade to MC10 leave MC9.1 on system?
Windows shows MC9.1 under 'Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs' right along-side MC10.

Why does uninstalling MC9.1 ALSO uninstall MC10??

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2004, 07:22:27 pm »

Lisa

You notice that too.

Griff

Ps is it Lisa or Lise?

LisaRCT

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2004, 07:37:37 pm »

I am Lisa, there is another woman who is Lise.
I will answer to either though   ;D

Is this a bug or by design?? :
Custom View Schemes do not appear to be able to be carried across from library to library.   :-\     ?   :(  
This causes me problems as I sometimes chose to use a different library, but do NOT wish to leave my view schemes behind.  
Seems redundant to have to make the same shcemes repeatedly.

LisaRCT

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2004, 12:26:26 am »

'Skin Effects' causes instant crash . . . . pOOf!  :o
regardless of which skin I have loaded at the time.

Win2K
ATi-AIW7500

Question:  Why must we start DSP plugins in the DSP window, but still need to open the PlugIn Manager to configure some of them??  Can't this be consolidated onto the DSP Dialog window??

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2004, 12:47:40 am »

Hi MC,

I longer see any toolbar in my views.  How do I put them back?  I only have the action window which provides for burning.  I can only rip through the Menu (TOOL).  Is there a way to put the RIP icon back in the main screen?

Also, I still notice the Action window to be very slow.  The FILE PROPERTIES performance has improved in the Action window.

JNKH

dragyn

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2004, 08:56:36 am »

Columns are not being added when in thumbnail view. This is would be useful when using 'same as column view' in tag info but I always have to switch back to details and then back to thumbnails to take affect.

Same thing goes with sorting columns and thumbnail images. Always have to be in detail mode.

File Playlist Action Window doesn't update when creating a new playlist. Refresh (F5) doesn't work. Have to close and then reopen to show new playlists.

Media Center Registered 10.0.27 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 801 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 25 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2004, 01:51:22 pm »

When I use the "Drag files here" function of the Action Window to burn a CD, the files don't always show up on the target device at all.  It's as if I didn't drag-and-drop anything.

If I right click the same files and do a Send To > CD, DVD, & Handhelds > CD Burner, it works fine.

Why is the "percent full" progress bar missing when the device is selected?  Was this an intentional change?  To see how full the device is, I have to click "Burn CD" and read the dialog?

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2004, 04:14:56 pm »

Hey 9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9!

Got a nickname??  :D :D

Drowbe

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2004, 12:13:19 am »

Hey 9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9!

Nickname?  WHat fun would *that* be?!  Personally, I just want to know how to pronounce it.  Hooked-on-phonics is failing me...

Omni

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2004, 12:50:50 am »

Hey 9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9!

Nickname?  WHat fun would *that* be?!  Personally, I just want to know how to pronounce it.  Hooked-on-phonics is failing me...

Sounds like someone who just got fed up with every conceivable derivation of his preferred name/handle already being taken.   :P  The sad thing is that if he were to go to hotmail now so sign up, "9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9" would probably be taken as well now that he has posted, those darn pesky webbots.  :-\

Omni

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2004, 01:07:26 am »

Based on Reeltrout's post in this thread in the MJ8 forum, out of curiosity, I tried to convert a DRM protected WMA file to VBR MP3 format.

The "Decoding" phase just sat there and did nothing, so after about 45 seconds, I clicked on the "Stop" button.  The mouse cursor changed to an hourglass, but then MC just hung.  I had to end the task via Ctrl-Alt-Del.

(I'm not saying it's a bug that I can't convert.  That's fine.  I understand and accept the legalities of that.  I'm just saying that it's a bug that MC hangs.)

Omni

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2004, 04:07:59 am »

When ripping a CD and YADB presents several search results only the first few tracks can be checked before choosing. There needs to be a scroll bar allowing the checking of all tracks.

The track text is also a bit feint - that 'greyed out' look.

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2004, 10:07:14 am »

Bug since the first 10.0.x builds- Tab key doesn't change focus to panes or song list when in search box, instead it produces the ASCII character in the form of a square.

Greetings

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2004, 11:43:17 am »

**Feature request**

Pardon me for putting this here...

...but it would be great if I could pop in a DVD and have MC catalog the menu's in jpg form. I have a ton of production DVD-R's that could use a handy graphical catalog system. Think of it as a "combination" of features of MC, marrying the DVD player with the photo cataloging\tagging. Any way this is possible?

Thanks,

B

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2004, 01:33:13 pm »

Another feature that is essential, practically a bug..

Make sure any menu concerning the moving of large numbers of files has 'yes to all' and 'no to all' when it asks you if you want to replace an existing file... I just had to force quit MC when I tried downloading files from my iPod to the PC even though many of the files were already there.... it prompted me for every file... would have meant 800 clicks. A 'no to all' would have been more than welcome.
Welcome to flipmode

9O3q1NJ9eyz42Jf9

• Recent member
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2004, 01:57:43 pm »

Yeah, I got sick of coming up with stupid nicks, so I used a pseudorandom password util to create one for me.   ;)

Can anyone confirm that I'm not going nuts on what I mentioned above?  In MC 9.1, if you were adding files to a device for burning, and then you selected that device, there would be an area on the bottom of the window that showed a settings button, and a progress bar that depicted how full the CD was.  I don't have any of that with MC 10.0.27.

bde

• I'm a llama!
Re:Media Center 10.0.27 Issue
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2004, 02:10:34 pm »

This version is pausing music or just closing down constantly...

This problem never occured before this version.

Fast forward button also makes mediacenter close.

system info:
Media Center 10.0.27 -- C:\Programmer\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 2065 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 681 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

ZRocker

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2004, 04:04:52 pm »

Bug (from 10.0.25 thread):
1. With the new AW-only CD burning dialog, you can't see how much space you have remaining (to add more files for the burn). This information is available in MC 9.1.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up