INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 annoying bugs in my MC!! :(  (Read 1755 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
3 annoying bugs in my MC!! :(
« on: January 03, 2004, 08:08:20 am »

hi guys!

i was wondering if anyone could help me with 2 bugs i have with MC 10 (all versions).

1)the first bug is that often when MC crashes it will keep a "vibrating Stuck noise" that locks the sound card and ive found that the only way to get rid of it is to restart it, it just dosnet go away if you dont  :(.

2) the other bug (or maybe its only in my computer.. :P) is that after i restart the computer MC cant find files in the library (which is in a network computer) unless i open the directory in a explorer window and then all works fine, it only happens after a restart not when i close MC had anyone had this problem before?

3) this problem could be connected to playing now plugin. eveytime there is a song switch in the playlist the compuer freezes a bit. any idea guys?

thx alot in advance

Zeltak  :)

LisaRCT

Re:3 annoying bugs in my MC!! :(
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 08:42:26 am »

Hi Zeltak,

1) I also have this occur with the stuttering noise, but it will often cease after a short time (I just usually mute my speakers), other times I am also forced to reboot.  For some reason this is more likely to occur with my SoundBlaster card than on my other zone using a Terratec 24/96, regardless of whether I run WaveOut, DirectSound, or ASIO.

2) I have seen that occur also, but I use mapped drives and attribute the problem to that (I also have the same problem with another program, 'Second Copy' which I use to backup some folders).

3) I have not had this issue but have you tried turning off the PlayingNow plugin to see if it remedies the problem?

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 12:19:57 pm »

The stuttering part - yes I am getting this as well - I suspect it would be linked to the buffering component.

The "recognisablility" of mapped MS drives or network shares sounds distinctly like a networking problem.
If MC cannot "see" a network resourse ( or delays seeing it ) and this is circumvented by firing up explorer, then you have the wrong combination of resource names, MS look up and resolving.
There is a very easy way to test this...  Resort to plain IP adressing  i.e.\\123.123.123\123\music to reference the source.
nick

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 10:14:09 am »

This is a bit O/T, but,

OK Nick, please pardon my lack of networking knowledge . . . .

How do you get the IP address of these drives?

My network is an IPX workgroup . . . . there is no domain.
All machines are set to 'Internel network number: 00000000'
Internet access if DSL modem to a USB Hub (not a router) shared amoung all the PC's. Internet access is dynamic IP.

So, can I do IP addresses with this setup? As far as I can find, no.

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 07:47:42 pm »

The easiest way to check your IP is to open a command line prompt and type ipconfig -all

If you have more than one adaptor ( e.g. hard wired LAN and WiFi) just read the IP address of the one you are using to access your local LAN.
If you have a direct shared Internet connection, you may also see the DSL public IP address - don't use this one.

Then use that IP address in the form of \\123.123.123.123\music_share

nick

LisaRCT

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 08:07:39 pm »

Thanks, I appreciate the help Nick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up