INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio Cali 256  (Read 1146 times)

BamBam

Rio Cali 256
« on: January 07, 2004, 01:49:00 am »

I have the Rio Cali 256. But there is not a plug-in for the player available online. Is there a compatible plug-in or does one need to be created for it?

Thanks.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Rio Cali 256
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 05:28:38 pm »

If your system can see it as a removable drive then MJ may be able to interface with it...otherwise you should look into Media Center 9.1/10 which has plugins for many external devices. MJ8 plugins are no longer in active development...and MC plugins are not backwards compatible in most cases.

10-27

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 11:50:33 am »

BamBam,

MC 9 / 10 supports the Rio Cali. No plugin is necessary.  You just need to click the checkbox for 'Enable WMDM Support' under Plugin Manager->Portable Devices->Configure and you will be all set.

Steve

BamBam

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 05:52:59 pm »

Thanks everyone for your help.

I thought JRiver would create a plug-in since Rio is listed in their Help / About splash screen.

I am hesitant to upgrade to the Media Center suites due to the mixed magazine reviews and postings on the forum. Perhaps when MC10 is released it will be a better package than MC9 turned out to be.

I did try MC9 out but uninstalled it within a few days. I just don't have the time to deal with the variables that come with the software.

Thanks again.

mlkruse

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 08:23:04 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something but I have Media Center 9, a rio cali sport, and have enabled Wmdm but I still can't get the player to show up.  Any thoughts?

Marshall
Pages: [1]   Go Up