INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails and Library Question  (Read 916 times)

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
Thumbnails and Library Question
« on: January 10, 2004, 07:53:18 pm »

Is there a way for MediaCenter to preload and/or premake all the thumbnails that it needs in the background while you are doing something else instead of just the ones you are looking at, at a particular moment.  Loading thumbnails is especially a problem for people with slow computers and is a problem in Hairstyle view as well as regular view.  I know that sometimes it makes sense to save some memory and not load all of them at once, but sometimes you want all of the thumbnails loaded, so maybe there could be a button.

Also is there a way to make a library so that the media files along with the library files could be transferred from the C drive onto another drive, like a cd drive without having to remake your library.  This would save much time especially when a library consists of 5000 pictures and one wants to demonstrate how cool MediaCenter is on someone else's comupter

dragyn

Re:Thumnails and Library Question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 09:38:45 am »

Is there a way for MediaCenter to preload and/or premake all the thumbnails that it needs in the background while you are doing something else instead of just the ones you are looking at, at a particular moment.

I agree. It used to do this. Maybe if it's sitting idle, it could start making them or some kind of Analyze Thumbnails like Analyze Audio for Replay Gain.

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 11:08:19 am »

Options-->>Tree & View-->>Thumbnails-->>Maintenance-->>On Exit:
Check that this is NOT set to 'On Exit: Erase All'
I believe this should help MC avoid the need to regenerate the thumbnails each time and simply call them up from the thumbnail files folder.

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 12:47:58 pm »

could someone move this to the beta testing forum?
Pages: [1]   Go Up