INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browse Library While viewing playing now?  (Read 1196 times)

therob555

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Browse Library While viewing playing now?
« on: January 22, 2004, 01:19:59 pm »

Does anyone know if its possible To browse your library and see the now playing cover art/ song list at the same time.  I figured out how to see my library and now playing song name with the action window and smiliarly the covert art  in that window but what about both?  Thanks to anyone who can help

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re:Browse Library While viewing playing now?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 01:26:25 pm »

Have you tried "Playing Now" plug-in? It's imho one of the best plug-ins available for Media Center and does what you want... and much more!

If you don't know it, check out the third parties plug-ins forum, and especially this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=18644

Hope you like it

Drowbe

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 01:49:03 pm »

Welcome to the forum, therob555...

There has been much debate on the action window.  From what I can tell, JRiver doesn't feel that the action window should be used to display what is curently playin -- one common request was to have the album art change with the current track.  I am guessing this has something to do with the fact that you wouldn't want the action window to change while you were in the middle of editing tag info, but I could be wrong.

Deivit pointed you in the right direction...the PlayingNow plugin really goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to track info.  It will not only tell you what *is* playing, but also what *just* played and what is up *next*.  At the same time, you can rate those songs.

It really rounds out MC, and it is a free 3rd-party plugin. (Thanks Rhino!)

therob555

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 01:54:02 pm »

thanks for the help, that clears some things up.  I agree that the playnow plugin does a lot of cool things even though its not exaclty what im shootin for which appears not to be possible.  I guess that leads to the obvious next question, is there a way to decide what windows to view or is that basically skinning?

Drowbe

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 02:13:08 pm »

You can hide or show some of the panes by clickinf on the dividers, but you can't completely turn them off.  (someone correct me if I am wrong)

therob555

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 02:26:30 pm »

i feel like mc is so close in so many ways to this goal of mine.  Like, if a column could be playing now or a column could show actual pictyures, not just the location of them or the action window we have already discussed.  I know my column ideas are possible, I just wish I knew more technically and whatnot.  O well, not a big deal.  The good aspect is that the player blows away every other media player so that is accomplished.  I guess I cant expect anything more because what it offers is incredible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up