INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Artist (auto) in hairstyle?  (Read 691 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Album Artist (auto) in hairstyle?
« on: February 04, 2004, 12:06:05 pm »

On the copy of MC9 I have installed on my laptop, the artist/album view shows the artist from the "album artist (auto)" field (ie, albums with multiple artists show the album as [multiple artists].  But on my desktop, the artist/album view shows the artist from the "artist" field, i.e, I have artists showing up who only have one track on a compilation album somewhere.  Where to I change the setting to get the display to be like on the laptop?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Album Artist (auto) in hairstyle?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 12:14:24 pm »

You just need to edit the view scheme.

In MC 9.1, click the pane headers when looking at the view scheme.

With MC 10 (which has an improved Hairstyle you might like) there's an integrated "Edit View Scheme" dialog.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re:Album Artist (auto) in hairstyle?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 12:35:10 pm »

Thanks, Matt, but I'm still not getting it.  If in the main library window, I change the columns in the top part of the window to show "artist" it still shows the "album artist (auto)" field contents in the "artist/album" view.  I don't have album artist auto selected as a column to show in the bottom part of the window (that shows the tracks that have been selected).  No matter what I do to the laptop columns, it doesn't change what I'm getting in hairstyle.  I really want to get rid of those single track artists in the desktop hairstyle.

[later]
I just checked out the hairstyle in MC10, and its definitely worth the price of an upgrade.  I love the ability to pre-sort by genre, my one complaint about the MC9 hairstyle.  But still can't figure out the artist vs. album artist (auto) display issue).

[still later]
OK, finally figured it out.  You have to edit the view in the tree under the library root.  I was just editing the view at the library root level itself, which had no effect.   Works the same in 9.1 or 10.  So you can set up a hairstyle view that allows you to drill down by genre->artist->album in 9.1 hairstyle after all.

Whew.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up