INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iRiver plug-in?  (Read 2990 times)

tglennt

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
iRiver plug-in?
« on: February 29, 2004, 11:01:28 am »

Can anyone tell me if MC has iRiver plug-ins (iHP-120 or 140) in the works? Thanks.

--Tom

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
Re:iRiver plug-in?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 01:27:20 pm »

I do think that they are on the list for development sometime soon. I have an iRiver iFP-380T and I requested a plugin for that (there was also a thread about it some time ago started by someone else) and I believe Steve said that the iRiver plugins were planned and would be coming out sometime relatively soon.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Steve will jump in and let us know.

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:iRiver plug-in?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 10:46:01 am »

iRiver plugins are not currently available, but are on the list of ones to add if we can get everyone to cooperate to make this possible. For now, any iRiver players that are WMDM compatible, are supported.

Steve

jbholtz

• Recent member
Re: iRiver plug-in?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 08:20:32 pm »

I jave a iRiver iFP-795 and an iPod I started using Music Center with my iPod and would love to be able to use my iRiver as well.  I use my iRiver as a Workout MP3 since it's got the sports strap and FM player (Wish Apple would come out with a FM/AM iPod).  If there is any way that I can help with an iRiver Plug-in, either development or testing I would definitely be interested.  I'm an embedded software engineer so possibly could help out some.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 08:59:38 pm »

Nice offer.  Thanks.  It may work already.

I'll move this thread to the Portable Devices forum where Steve will see it.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 02:06:09 pm »

jbholtz,

Does the iFP-795 appear in the MC 11 tree when it is connected? If not, does it appear to your system as a fixed or removable drive? Does WMP recognize it?

Steve

jbholtz

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 10:24:31 am »

Well I just tried the iRiver iFP-795 with MC 11 and it's appearing in the devices list.  It wasn't in MC10 which means it's probably being accessed via WMDM.  Anyways, I can transfer songs to it but MC does not see the files that are on it. Either in the Root or the 2 sub folders that exist on the player.  In fact MC doesn't even see the sub folders.  The drive does appear in WMP 10.00.00.3646 but I can't see the song files that are in the folders either.  I can see the sub folders though.  Looks like things are just sort of wierd.  iRiver does state on there web site that they have disabled the ability to move files from the player to the PC.  This is their way of disabling someone exchanging mp3's.  (#$@%@)

Anyways great work on MC 11.  I've had some issues with iPod but all in all as I figure out how to use it and get around any little bugs its definitely a good update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up