INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A trackinfo that shows ALL the lyrics!  (Read 1345 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
A trackinfo that shows ALL the lyrics!
« on: March 05, 2004, 03:09:10 am »

hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a trackinfo template that either has a lyrics area/box that takes all of the screen or one that autoscrolls the lyrics. I find it really annoying that in most songs i have to manually drag or use scroll buttons to see the other parts of the lyrics since all the of the trackinfo templates ive used or found so far have a small lyrics area or no scrolling options... Its especiallly annoying when your siting in the living room listing to songs and seeing the lyrics on the TV with no option to see the end of the lyrics for each song

thx alot

Zeltak ::)

jleerigby

Re:A trackinfo that shows ALL the lyrics!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 03:20:20 am »

I'm not sure that you can have scrolling lyrics in a track info template but you can in a visualisation.  Here's some I created.  One of these includes scrolling lyrics.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 04:15:01 am »

thx alot Jlee for the effort  :D, i really appriciate it  :)

While It is not exactly what i wanted, (i thought more of a track info type thing) it shall do the job i guess untill ill find a good track info that does the same.

so once again thx alot

Zeltak

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 04:23:34 am »

I think I created one some time ago which used a small java applet to scroll the lyrics.

They were for V9 I think. There was a bunch called "Voom"...

Eventually I'll make some more for V10, but not until the TI Template stuff settles down a bit.
Cheers
Rob

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 04:48:42 am »

Jlee, after playing around a bit with it i found out that the "lee lyrics still" would be perfect for me if there was a way (a button on my grider remote  :P ;D...) to use a keyboard/remote button to pass the second part of the lyrics when some lyrics exceed the screen (in case of lyrics that are longer then the screen size in length) then all i need to do in case of large lyrics would be press a button to get to the next part, is that possible?

thx alot
Zeltak  :)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 01:29:20 pm »

I played with it a bit more, and cant find anything like it..is it possible at all (to assign a button/keyboard etc.. command to show the rest of the lyrics in the case of long lyrics that run out of the screen?)

thx alot

zeltak

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 07:59:20 am »

Not that I klnow of.  This is my wife's biggest complaint with MC.  She say's what's the point of scrolling lyrics if they disappear from the screen just as the track approaches that part of the lyrics.  I wish I knew of a solution.

This is the sort of 'little thing' that could really set MC apart from the rest in the HTPC arena if some attention were paid to it.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Theatre View and Visualisation improvements in the next major release.

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 08:10:31 pm »

There are some lyrics plugins for Winamp which try to synchronise the onscreen display of the lyrics with the actual song being played.

It works really well - NOT!

What we need is a sorta Karaoke plugin which does some sort of analysis of the track, and creates a list of pointers which tell the plugin to display a line of lyrics at certain points in the track being played.

Any programmers out there brave enough to take this on?
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up