INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reset Vis with each track advance?  (Read 869 times)

tomgrossi

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Reset Vis with each track advance?
« on: March 13, 2004, 12:07:37 pm »

Is there any way to reset the variables in a Visualization with each track advance.  Specifically, I am trying to make a more advance lyrics-scrolling visualization.  These work by incrementing a variable, t.  However, while t is set to zero when the visualization starts, it does not get reset when the track advances so the lyrics start in the middle of the song for everything except the first track.  I can think of three ways to do this... are any of these possible:  1) explicitly reset t=0 on a track start; 2) reload the visualization with each new track; 3) explicity make t dependant on the amount of time that has gone by in the track.  To this last point, is it documented anywhere what variables are available in the text function in "Vis Studio"... it seems "height" is a variable... are there others?

jleerigby

Re:Reset Vis with each track advance?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 02:08:10 am »

Can't be done but I agree that something that will reload the Vis would be near the top of my v10 wish list.  My problem is that cover art does change if it doesn't happen to be on when the track change occurs.  

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Reset Vis with each track advance?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 06:38:48 am »

I'll second (or third) that request
Pages: [1]   Go Up