INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAC and MP4  (Read 1763 times)

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
AAC and MP4
« on: March 15, 2004, 11:16:44 am »

Please, do not forget that :

MC10 do not PLAY audio files in AAC or M4P (iTunes) !

Thanks...

Jean-Marc

Media Center Registered 10.0.91 -- C:\Program Files\J River\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 800 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 28 MB
Resource Info: System - 58 %, GDI - 76 %, User - 58 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-115   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\Notify.wav

Burning /  Drive E: GoldStar CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: 90 %
Jean-Marc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:AAC and MP4
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 11:21:29 am »

MC should play these files if you have installed the version of QuickTime that comes with iTunes.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 11:47:10 am »

I listen to Itunes tracks all the time.  They sound fine.  And now with MC10 they show up with track info as well.

They don't seem to find the album art though.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 01:42:24 pm »

QuickTime 6.4 or later should permit MC to playback AAC. You do not necessarily have to install iTunes.

Steve

Sauzee

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 06:08:20 pm »

DSP doesn't work with AAC files encoded with Nero.  

I like to use the equaliser as I can get a fuller sound. Doesn't work with my AAC files, so no matter how good the encoder is the AAC files don't sound good in MC

TimB

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 06:12:29 pm »

Three words...

burn and rip

(CD-RW handles this nicely)

:)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Sauzee

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 06:20:30 pm »

Three words...

burn and rip

(CD-RW handles this nicely)

:)

-=Tim=-

Sorry mate, you're three words have confused me ?

Burn what ?

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 11:58:59 am »

1. Burn the AAC file to a CD in iTunes.
2. Close iTunes and open MC.
3. In MC, rip the CD. Encode the music to whatever format you want.
4. Use equalizer, etc... on the new format.

Sadly, this solution might require you to have two libararies--one with AAC files and one with MP3 or WMA. Unless, of course, you decide to just convert all your AAC files as soon as you download them, which might not be a bad idea considering that you'll thereby defeat all of the DRM on the files and be able to burn them and transfer them as much as you want.

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 12:48:44 pm »

Well, regarding the burn and ripp process, if you could use Nero to burn the disc rather than Itunes, then you could simply make a disc image rather than burning an actual CD-R/RW. Then sinmply load the disc image and ripp teh songs into whatever format you might want. This will be much faster and will save you quite a bit of time.

Hope this works.

I haven't tested this as i HATE itunes. It's a pain in the ass when you want to use your ipod with MC...

-Cascius

TimB

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 01:00:31 pm »

Well, regarding the burn and ripp process, if you could use Nero to burn the disc rather than Itunes, then you could simply make a disc image rather than burning an actual CD-R/RW. Then sinmply load the disc image and ripp teh songs into whatever format you might want. This will be much faster and will save you quite a bit of time.

Hope this works.

I haven't tested this as i HATE itunes. It's a pain in the ass when you want to use your ipod with MC...

-Cascius
Will Nero handle the conversion of AAC?

-=Tim=-

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 01:06:32 pm »

TimB, to tell you the truth I don't knwo for sure. You might want to download a copy of nero and see if it works. I personaly don't have any AAC files so I can't really check that.

Sauzee

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 01:26:21 pm »

Sadly, this solution might require you to have two libararies--one with AAC files and one with MP3 or WMA. Unless, of course, you decide to just convert all your AAC files as soon as you download them, which might not be a bad idea considering that you'll thereby defeat all of the DRM on the files and be able to burn them and transfer them as much as you want.

That isn't a solution.  I'm ripping the tracks with Nero to AAC [as opposed to ripping with MC to mp3 etc] to take advantage of the supposed benefits of the AAC encoder.  Your solution refers, I presume, to downloaded AAC files.

TimB

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 04:13:17 pm »

That isn't a solution.  I'm ripping the tracks with Nero to AAC [as opposed to ripping with MC to mp3 etc] to take advantage of the supposed benefits of the AAC encoder.  Your solution refers, I presume, to downloaded AAC files.
Sorry, my burn and rip answer was to the initial question which mentioned iTunes. :)

-=Tim=-
Pages: [1]   Go Up