INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye Candy tonight  (Read 10054 times)

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:Eye Candy tonight
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2004, 02:58:35 pm »

I havent read all this thread - apologies if Im repeating others. Still too early for judgement on this skin - it seems quite nice though.

One definite, if trivial, problem - inactive menu items look the same as active ones when selected (eg Edit/Undo if theres nothing to undo). I think 'greyed out' items should be clearly unavailable even when they are selected.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2004, 03:15:13 pm »

One thing I have noticed, the boxes that show check marks when selected look quite like the boxes that aren't checked, it's hard to be sure at first glance what's check and what's not.

Also, the 'highlighting' on the tops of bars, and the left sides of the menus also make it harder to read.

With all of that said, I DO like it.
pretend this is something funny

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2004, 09:23:11 pm »

Nice skin. The buttons and frames are great.
I'd prefer black on white text.  And the action window could use a little more attention.

So how much do you pay Pixtudio for a skin? :)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2004, 11:04:16 pm »

Nice skin. I have to agree about the bevel on the menus, though. They're kind of distracting.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2004, 02:30:13 am »

Nice skin. I have to agree about the bevel on the menus, though. They're kind of distracting.

Buttons corresponding to menu options would fit very nicely in this new bevel, displacing the text to the non-beveled portion of the menu.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2004, 10:43:46 am »

I like the skin, and i will use it in the future(in greyscale !). It is also very useable with a Touch-Screen. Therefore i like, that the menu bar is in the middle and not in the corner.
The buttons of the buttom-toolbar are too small.

Uwe

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2004, 09:15:08 pm »

In general I like it, variety is the spice of life.

I would have to echo the sentiments regarding the left side bevel on the drop down menus and the speaker icon on the volume control just looks like a dot to me.  If you didn't tell me it was a speaker, I wouldn't have guessed it.

Overall, I give it a 9

JP

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2004, 09:54:36 pm »

Well I got to say that you guys made a great job at making this skin. While it might not be my style of skin, I think it looks very well done.

So good job.

-Cascius

benrad

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2004, 10:38:53 pm »

I can't say I'm a really big fan of the skin either. I don't like the dark colors with the red buttons, but then again that's a personal preference. I do think you've done a fine job with the skin, and MC is still the greatest, most mind-blowing media player out there...

Actually, I just installed build 98, and I'm starting to dig Thunderstorm. You've won me over. The menus do still annoy me though.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2004, 02:50:27 am »

In options, when u highlight a new selection in the left tree, the colors should be different. This isnt the case with ThunderStorm even though it is different colors with all the other skins

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2004, 03:34:04 am »

I like the new skin, but only in greyscale. In regular colors the candy apple (or whatever that was called) just doesen't look right to me. Oh, and just to make that absolutely clear: The latest beta of MC was the first file I downloaded with my new 1 mbit gSDSL internet!  ;D ;D ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up