INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few remote issues  (Read 938 times)

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
A few remote issues
« on: March 25, 2004, 04:06:18 pm »

I'm currently using Media Center 10.0.98 with the x10mouseremote plugin as the front-end for a "media PC" connected to my receiver and television. While the "tab" key assigned button seems to work just fine to move from the leftmost window of the screen (where "playing now", "media library", etc. are located) to the main display window, where the albums, tracks, etc. are displayed, and once in the main window I can move around with the up, down, left and right buttons, there doesn't seem to be any way to get back to the leftmost window. Is there any way to program a "shift-tab" button which would work like the shifted tab key does, and cycle back the other direction? At the moment this is a huge navigation problem. I'd rather not have to resort to something like Girder to overcome this.

There also seems to be some sort of issue with the direction (up, down, left, right) keys not working after a while, unless I manually change the focus with an actual mouse. The other keys continue to work fine. Anyone have any ideas why this is, and is there anything I can do about it?

Also, I set Windows to hibernate when the power button is pushed. This works great, as it comes right up very quickly with Media Center running, but since making the change, the remote's power button (which used to turn off the computer) doesn't seem to work. Any idea how to get it to hibernate the computer?

Last, does anyone know if a Windows Media Center Edition remote (Such as the Phillips USB IR) can be made to work with MC10 with any of the current plug-ins, or is Girder needed? I'd like to switch over to IR so I can program everything into my Pronto Neo and use it to control the whole shebang. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:A few remote issues
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 07:17:31 pm »

Have you tried the Theater View?  Hit F11 a couple of times or Ctrl-W or the Windows Menu key (usually near the space bar).

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
Re:A few remote issues
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 10:47:59 am »

That would be fine, except there isn't any keyboard. The "computer" is across the room sitting atop my receiver with the other AV equipment. I can toggle into theater view using the display toggle button, but I find it a bit awkward to navigate around in compared to the main interface. If there were some way to program a "shift-tab" key (or control which mimics it) to a remote, this wouldn't be a problem. Or if TAB cycled through all areas (as it does in most other windows programs). In MC10 TAB never seems to cycle back to where it started.
Pages: [1]   Go Up