INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing Content Pane  (Read 996 times)

Pdb

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Editing Content Pane
« on: March 27, 2004, 08:09:54 am »

I have Music Jukebox 8.0.400, and Win XP.

After importing a bunch of MP3 files, I notice that I have 2 or 3 duplicate entries in the Content Pane for some of the selections.  These are all speeches, rather than songs, so I'll call them speeches.  

I attempt to remove the duplicates by Selecting one, right clicking, and clicking on either Delete or Remove (whichever is on the menu).  The entry disappears from the screen, but when I exit MJ, and re-enter, the duplicate is back.

What is the proper way to permanently eliminate these unwanted entries?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Editing Content Pane
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 09:47:46 am »

To remove files from the library (globally) while in a playlist, you must highlite that particular file and hit Shift Delete on the keyboard where you will be presented with a dialog box with an additional "Also Delete File from HD?" checkbox...choose accordingly. If your in the Media Library view, then Delete alone is enough.

Rx

Pdb

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 12:01:02 pm »

Xen-uno,

I was successful in deleting the unwanted entries by using the Shift-Delete combination.  That fixes my problem.  However, it seems that what you describe in your note is opposite to what actually works.

If I click the + ahead of Media Library, then the + ahead of Album, then choose the album name (in my case, ACTS), I then have a screen full of entries which used to have the problem I described in the original note.  Is this called a Playlist?  I assumed it was the Media Library View.  Yet using Shift-Delete does what I need.  

Do I misunderstand the terms Playlist and Media Library?

Pdb.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 03:40:28 pm »

Items under Media Library in the tree are called view schemes (sort of a smartlist), and behave like ML as far as deletions are concerned (so do smartlists). Playlists (and smartlists) have their own location under the tree.

Rx
Pages: [1]   Go Up