INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAC/MP4 encoding  (Read 2196 times)

gr8bluesgtr

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
AAC/MP4 encoding
« on: March 29, 2004, 08:10:18 pm »

Any plans for AAC/MP4 support in MC?  I can play files I rip in Itunes, but it still shows up as an unrecognized file format in MC, also the tags are wrong in MC, or rather they don't show up.  Files that I rip with Nero Digital show the tags correctly, but still show as an unrecognized file format.  Sure would be nice to have an interface to the Quicktime MP4 encoder, or even better the Nero HE-AAC codec from within MC.

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:AAC/MP4 encoding
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 08:05:05 am »

MC10 supports mp4 and aac

You can encode with Nero (that what I do) with  nEncode.
Get the app from this HA tread: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=13056&st=0&hl=neroencode

place the files in shared files(might be called something els in you windows)/ahead/audioplugins

In MC, go to encoder/cd ripper/ whatever and choose external encoder. in exe, choose the nencode.exe in the folder descripten above. Paraments are %IN %OUT, extention should be ... uh.. I forgot but proberbly aac or m4a or mp4. Shouldn't really matter to much.

There you go .
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

gr8bluesgtr

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 01:39:59 pm »

you are the master.

Thanks,

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 01:44:26 pm »

If nencode.exe (or any encoder) is command-line based (in a DOS box), i have a utility program that frontends the external encoders and allows you to get the DOS window in the background...so that each track to be ripped does not cause the DOS window to popup in the foreground (keeps them all in the background...where they should be while you 'work').

Let me know if you guys want to try it...I used to use it with lame.exe back before MJ/MC supported lame 'internally'.

pank2002

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 02:17:55 pm »

Acctually, I was just sitting here, ripping Forty Licks (by Rolling Stones) and I would sure be cool to avoid the popup. Please share it ZRocker.

BTW: I like your v. of Blade...    

-->gr8bluesgtr
  I'm glad you could use the tip :)
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

ZRocker

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 03:02:07 pm »

ok...download from www.zrocker.com...bottom of the page.

Just run the utility once with no parameters to get popup dialog help...it's pretty simple.

Example parameter line:

lame.exe %IN --del %OUT -x -y -z

and zkr_exec.exe as the enternal program to execute.

--del tells zkr_exec what output file to delete if you terminate the execution abnormally (force close the DOS window, for example).

MikeW

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »

I've found that while MC can play aac/mp4 without too much trouble, and using the external encoder will allow for ripping, it won't support the following:

1) Visualizations when playing aac files (visualizations only work with internaly supported file types) -- this is a rather minor issue.

2) Burning an audio CD -- tracks that were aac/mp4 files will not play on the CD player.  -- this is a bit more of an issue than #1

For these reasons, I use VBR MP3 using lame.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 04:57:26 pm »

ok...download from www.zrocker.com...bottom of the page.

Just run the utility once with no parameters to get popup dialog help...it's pretty simple.

Example parameter line:

lame.exe %IN --del %OUT -x -y -z

and zkr_exec.exe as the enternal program to execute.

--del tells zkr_exec what output file to delete if you terminate the execution abnormally (force close the DOS window, for example).

Download link doesn't seem to be working for me. Will this front end also work with Exact Audio Copy, which also calls an external LAME encoder?

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 05:29:31 pm »

Link is fine...did you click on the word 'utility' on that page?  I just did it and it downloaded just fine.

Well...I don't know about using with EAC...should work if it works with lame.exe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up