INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slideshow + music playback question  (Read 922 times)

Vipman

• Recent member
Slideshow + music playback question
« on: May 02, 2004, 10:45:47 pm »

I'm experiencing a problem with Media Center (10.0.116) where I'm unable to correctly add image files to the "Playing Now" list if I have some music files in this list already.  When I select image files and attempt to "add to playing now" it basically replaces the existing image list with whatever new images I have selected, instead of just adding to it. (I tried changing the General->Behavior's double-click option to "add to playing now (to end)" but this did not help.

The "add to playing now" works fine if all I have in the playing now list are image files.  Doing this produces the behavior I want, but I really want to be able to queue my audio files to play while doing the same for the image files as well.

Also, in the situation where I have music files in the playing now list, and add images, I can't actually see the image list show up in the "playing now" list.  The only way I can see the image list is by right clicking into the image area and selecting "images".  Is there a way to change this so that I can see my mixed media types in the main "playing now" list ?

Regards.

Vip.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Slideshow + music playback question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 04:38:11 pm »

If audio is playing, any play-type command for images will start dual playback. (images and audio at the same time)

To prevent dual playback, work with one media type at a time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vipman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 08:00:20 pm »

Matt,

I DO want dual playback at the same time - this is essentially what I'm trying to do.  However, what is confusing is that when I have music files in there, and add images to the "Playing now" list, it essentially replaces my existing list of images with the new one's I add.  I was trying to find a way to add new images to the "Playing now" list and have them truly appended to the list rather than replace the existing images in that list.

One workaround (somewhat ) that I found was to create a new playlist for the images, and then add new images to that play-list and then dump the playlist on to "Playing now".  However, having the abbility to select the behavior (as is the case for music files) for when image files are added to "playing now" during dual playback  would be nice (or if it's already there, then I've not found it yet).  i.e. append to end of list, or replace existing list etc.

Vip.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 11:36:28 am »

Your workaround of creating a playlist is the best there is at the current time.

Finer control of how images are added / played during dual playback might be a nice improvement in the next version.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 01:11:22 pm »

Thanks Matt, I too agree that it would be nice to have a bit more options for the dual playback. I don't find it to be a big deal, but once in a while I wouldn't mind the implementation of such features.

-Cascius
Pages: [1]   Go Up