INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Ripping Question Re: Tags  (Read 821 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Advanced Ripping Question Re: Tags
« on: June 05, 2004, 03:20:55 pm »

I'm converting a vast CD collection onto my "hard drive" using APE compression.

I'll play the CD in the latest version of MJ and as I'm listening, I'll fill-out property fields such as "Rating/Tempo/Custom" in the "Playing Now" pane.

When the "rip" is complete, the "ripped" versions of the original "cda" files, when viewed in MJ, no longer have the contents of these fields.  Instead I have "?" as the content.  Fields such as "Artist/Album/Year/Genre" etc. are filled in with the correct info, but not the above mentioned important and individualized tags.

I'm hoping that there's a way to accomplish this.  Going thru a large collection of CD's and choosing which songs to keep and labeling them only to find out that I have to reinput "Rating/Tempo/Custom" is becoming real tedious.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated,

ballen

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Advanced Ripping Question Re: Tags
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 03:25:54 pm »

If the CD version of a  song has been tagged, the ripped version should inherit the tags. Maybe the rip is being too quick and by the time you tag them, they've already been ripped.

You might be better doing it slightly staggered. You can be ripping CD2 as you are listening to and tagging CD1. The rip will probably be faster as well, since the CD drive won't be constantly seeking back and forth
Pages: [1]   Go Up