INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist for missing files?  (Read 1178 times)

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
Smartlist for missing files?
« on: June 08, 2004, 12:12:05 am »

Hi there,

I recently had a hard disc lossage issue where some of my media files were lost. Now the partition that this occured on was my data partition so therefore my Media Center database is fine. So I have information there about files that now are no longer on the filesystem.

Is there a smartlist syntax, that will show that a file exists in the database but is now no longer on the drive? This would be most useful in identifying what stuff to reload, re-rip,  etc. etc.

I know about restoring tags once I have the files there etc. However finding what is missing is my current problem.

Thanks in advance!

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
Re:Smartlist for missing files?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 02:11:32 am »

I had the same problem on my external drive a few days ago. I didn't find any way to get a smartlist that does the trick.
But i'd also like to see that as a feature in MC.

I could help myself only because i knew that the files that got corrupted had been modified in the last days so i manually checked all files from that period. That what be impossible to do on 10000 files if you don^'t have any clue which files got destroyed.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:10:58 am »

One thing you could do is:
1: Backup your library
2: Do "File->Library->Update Library" and check "Remove file which do not exist"
3: When it has completed, I think there is a Details button which will give you a list of the files it has removed. You should be able to Copy/Paste/Print this
4: Restore your library and rerip the missing files

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 05:26:52 pm »

I didn't see a details button. However what I have done is to export XML first, backup then remove missing files, then export XML again, then restore the backup. Now I have two XML exports that I can manipulate with diff, grep awk etc. under Linux to extract filenames.

Not as nice as a searchable "missing" target. (Feature request!) :-)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 05:29:37 pm »

Is there a smartlist syntax, that will show that a file exists in the database but is now no longer on the drive?

that would be nice, also sort by missing
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up