INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G-Force - Fullscreen?  (Read 3544 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
G-Force - Fullscreen?
« on: June 09, 2004, 07:19:48 am »

Hi,

I run the latest G-Force release. It is really gorgeous to watch it, but it seems that it cannot run in full-screen mode. There is always a horizontal black border on top and bottom of the screen at a screen resolution of 1280x1024.

I've read that it might not be possible to run it full-screen at such a resolution! Any idea on how to do it, or do we have to live with that?

IanG

Re:G-Force - Fullscreen?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 07:27:08 am »

Hi,

I run the latest G-Force release. It is really gorgeous to watch it, but it seems that it cannot run in full-screen mode. There is always a horizontal black border on top and bottom of the screen at a screen resolution of 1280x1024.

I've read that it might not be possible to run it full-screen at such a resolution! Any idea on how to do it, or do we have to live with that?

That's answered in the G-Force FAQ - http://soundspectrum.com/g-force/faq.html

Ian G.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 04:38:04 pm »

I'm another big fan of G Force.

I suppose I should post this directly in the G Force forum but...

How many other people think there should be an option to use the blank space (from the letterboxing) to scroll ID info... Song, Artist, Album, etc.?  Or is that already customizable?

"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 06:23:42 pm »

That would be cute. However, if your machine can't cope with full screen G-Force, you should probably lower your screen resolution. I seem to remember that you can get GF to display some track information as a particle. I use GF Gold, which does it automatically as an overlay, as well as showing cover art.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 08:33:51 pm »

I'm another big fan of G Force.

I suppose I should post this directly in the G Force forum but...

How many other people think there should be an option to use the blank space (from the letterboxing) to scroll ID info... Song, Artist, Album, etc.?  Or is that already customizable?

It would be great, however I think you would have a faster responce if you post this within Soundspectrum forum.
http://soundspectrum.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 09:36:30 pm »

Hi,

Go to the G-Force folder (inside Visualizations, in the Media Center folder)

Open boot.txt

Find the line "SetSizeLimit( 10000, 600 );"

Change the 600 to 1024 or whatever you want

Start G-Force

See if it is fast enough. If not, lower the fullscreen resolution IN MEDIA CENTER, not within G-Force.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:43:23 pm »

See if it is fast enough. If not, lower the fullscreen resolution IN MEDIA CENTER, not within G-Force.

Or turn on pixel doubling (press P in full screen mode)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 10:10:21 am »

Thank you gpvillamil and others,

Setting SetSizeLimit( 10000, 1024) did it. It is now working full-screen at fps rate between 14 and 32. My screen is 1280x1024.

Still don't  understand the meaning of the value 10000. Is this the horizontal pixel number?

Also I don't really fully grasp the different screen resolutions - so you could run Windows XP at 1280x1024, MC10 at 1024x768 and G-Force at 640x480! Right? Don't really notice any difference between G-Force resolution of 640x480x8 and 1280x1024x32! Maybe higher frame rates for the first resolution!

Although it works well, it takes up almost all of the cpu, between 95 and 100% in full-screen mode.

And what would be the best fps value? Just trying to understand the technical implications!

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 10:32:29 am »

The 10000 just means it can be as wide as it likes.

MC mega-me runs at the same resolution as Windows, but when you choose Full-screen or Theatre View, you can set that to run at a different resolution and G-Force will run at this resolution as well.

The difference you should see between 640x480x8 and 1280x1024x32 (apart from the frame rate) is that as the first res, everything will be a bit blockier and have less detail. For the fps, higher is better, but above 25-30fps, you probably won't see the difference

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 08:23:34 pm »

Find the line "SetSizeLimit( 10000, 600 );"

Thank you!

Works great at 1600x1200 - Dell 2.6Ghz/P4/1Gb, NVIDIA 5700 Ultra/128Mb.

Almost 25 years now... I had no idea the Qix pattern would be so long-lived and widespread.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 01:31:24 pm »

Thanks for the pointer Cindy_B.  I've put in a feature request.   But it doesn't seem to be getting any replies.  ;-)
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."
Pages: [1]   Go Up