INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Duplicates Handling  (Read 1011 times)

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
Advanced Duplicates Handling
« on: June 21, 2004, 10:10:02 am »

Duplicates search should be improved by adding the search of "similar" tracks.
So duplicates could be filtered on tracks having a similar duration, in order to find tracks with blanks added at the beginning or to the end, and other encoding artefacts.
Optionally, when a track in stored in uncompressed format (WAV) and the same track is found in a compressed format (MP3), an switch should be added not o consider these two tracks as duplicates.
An advanced duplicates search function should be added, that considers tracks having similar names, for example "Track" and "Track (Live)".
When two tracks are found that have the same duration, some form of technical analysis should be made to compare them and find their differences. Besides calculating the basic "Audio Analysis" parameters, a correlation of tracks could be made (correlation is a signal processing technique, used in radar decoding).

negopus

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Advanced Duplicates Handling
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:38:53 am »

Would be nice if MC did this natively.

For now there is King's Dupe finder plugin. It handles the "similar" stuff quite well.

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 11:45:37 am »

Definitely, I have to take a better look to King Sparta's plugins.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 11:52:09 pm »

Yes King's MD5 Hash Plugin is SWEET!!! It will do all the analysis you need (three types).   Also, you can do advanced dupe finding in MC .... ~dup can do a lot of things!

~dup=duration,artist,name,filetype,bitrate

Or just use the MD5 hashes from King's plugin and you're set !!! (Don't forget to create the user fields first though)

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 03:34:14 pm »

Great! In this forum I find everything is missing from documentation. So, it's just a matter of experimenting with (spending a lot of time, btw). I wish I could find an answer/FAQ to basic questions such as mine, however.

Pages: [1]   Go Up