INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capturing Video on ATI 9600  (Read 4422 times)

iskandsa

• Change this by choosing profile
Capturing Video on ATI 9600
« on: June 25, 2004, 01:49:46 pm »

I have installed an all in wonder ATI 9600 package on my PC. The audio and video in lines are connected. Can anyone please tell me how to or where to start capturing a video stream? The TV application simply will not even recognize ATI's own A/V input cable connection.

Thanks

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re:Capturing Video on ATI 9600
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 06:48:28 am »

Don't know if this will help or not, but...

I had this problem twice with my ATI A-I-W 9600 Pro.  As I recall the A\V connection was greyed out in ATI's own software & could not be selected so the TV acted funky.

Seems I had to un-install all ATI software, reboot the computer & re-install the software.

One time that happened I had a connection problem with my Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum card.  Seems I had mis-connected the cable between the sound card & the Audigy drive in the 5 3/4 inch drive bay.  Only half of the connectors were plugged in as I mis-aligned the connector on the sound card end.  Funny thing is the sound card worked but the ATI TV sound was acting weird plus about half of the inputs were missing in the Creative Mixer including the ones needed for the the TV input.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 08:43:39 am »

The TV application simply will not even recognize ATI's own A/V input cable connection.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by this. The A/V inputs show up in MC TV as Composite (Input Source 1) and SVideo (Input Source 2).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

iskandsa

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 11:29:50 am »

I will explain clearer. The AIW 9600 package comes with a mauve color A/V input cable where you plug your VCR/Camera input using S-Video or composite RCA for Video and 2 audio lines.

I cannot see this input on my software on the screen anywhere. Not TV, Not EasyLook nothing. I looked for it under every right mouse click and on the application CD and the help menus. The A/V input is not even grayed anywhere ? ? ?

I laughed for a second as I thought that ATI forgot to program the video streaming in to the card.

Oh... and i unsintalled and re-installed the ATI applications and driver from scratch.... same problem  >:(

Sooo..... HELPPPPP ATI... i sent them an email 2 weeks ago and still waiting for any response.

Thanks for all those who think with me on this one.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 12:00:32 pm »

OK, my understanding of your question was right then. You are actually complaining about ATI's software. Can you find the A/V input under Media Center?

With ATI Multimedia Center, you can right click the video screen, and you should see "Input Connector" submenu, where you can select "Analog TV Tuner", "S-Video", and "Composite".

With Media Center TV, you run Options->Scan to scan for all available channels. This should give you all available analog channels (if you have an antenna or cable connected) AND two special "channels" - "Video Composite" and "Video SVideo".

If you can not get these, then there must be some problem with you hardware/driver installation.

iskandsa

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 11:51:01 pm »

Thanks a lot, i will give it another shot and will let you know. Appreciate your time and care.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 06:36:10 am »

Check this out...

Find your ATI Multimedia Center software listings under the Srart Menu.

Look for Configuration.

Click on the TV Tab.

Make sure the ATI Rage Video Theatre Capture is selected & not the No Default.

Good luck.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

scottmc

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 08:21:34 am »

I just got the ati 9600 yesterday and had the EXACT same problem.

You hook up your inbound tv signal to either the coax connection or s-video.

You hook up a purple add on box to a cable coming out of the card; it's expected you will then hook your camcorder to this break out box.

It's perfectly clear how to watch tv.  You start the tv application and select whether the signal is coming from coax or composite or svideo.

But there's absolutely no indication how you're supposed to view what's coming in from the break out box.  I've read the instructions back to front.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 09:11:18 am »

It's perfectly clear how to watch tv.  You start the tv application and select whether the signal is coming from coax or composite or svideo.

But there's absolutely no indication how you're supposed to view what's coming in from the break out box.  I've read the instructions back to front.

For TV (either cable or antenna) you choose "Analog TV Tuner", for input from "break out box" you choose either SVideo or Composite. Isn't this the way? I admit that I have not tried using ATI Multimedia Center with video coming from a vcr or camcorder lately.

If you use Media Center, just choose "Video SVideo" or "Video Composite" from the Channels list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up