INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Additional Fields in Theater View  (Read 1095 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Additional Fields in Theater View
« on: July 14, 2004, 10:31:24 pm »

Ok.  I finally got myself a remote control (Remote Wonder 2 with my new ATI card) so I am finally starting to use Theater View more often.   :)

Question though.  Is it possible to define the "List" style view in Theater View to include more than just the name field?  What I would really like is for it to show "Name - Artist" in most View Schemes when showing a list of files (though if it is possible to set it differently for different view schemes that would be sweet).

It seems like there should (or could) be a way to do it, but I haven't been able to track it down, and a search here doesn't seem to turn up anything useful.  Any ideas?

PS.  If not, would anyone else like to see this feature?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Additional Fields in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 01:56:19 am »

It would be a great feature. What I do is add my calculated field "Track# - Name" last in the view scheme, and then never browse down to file level. It's still slightly annoying having that extra level, though. I think the easiest solution would be to have a checkbox for each scheme that says "Show files in Theatre View". Then, you could turn it off, and add your own last level. It would also mean you could have a view that showed albums as its smallest entity, if you wanted.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 10:28:39 am »

Using the Calculated Field is a good idea (though agreed, its a fairly unfulfilling solution), I will probably set that up tonight.

Regarding your idea for the "Show Files in Theater View" checkbox.  That could work, but it still seems sort of band-aid like.  Wouldn't a better option be to just have the ability to select WHICH field you would like shown when showing files in Theater View?  It would default to name (as it now is), but being able to switch it to a Calculated Field (or whatever) would be nice, and wouldn't require you to define any weird custom View Schemes.

Another question, is there any way to get Theater View's file list to obey the sorting in Standard View (without putting the sort in the View Scheme itself)?  I ask because I often have View Schemes that are sorted correctly in Standard View, but all out of whack in Theater View.  Its a pain (and in some cases impossible) to force them to sort the same.  In my opinion, it should always sort the same way.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 11:07:41 am »

I'm afraid there's no way of doing that at the moment. There was a thread a while back where JimH gathered feature requests for Theater View
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=21249;start=msg148246#msg148246
Both yours were in there, but I don't know how many will make it into MC11

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 05:13:23 pm »

Yep, I see that now.  In fact, both of them were there posted by you!  ;D

I remember that thread, but as I mentioned before, until I got this spiffy new remote I wasn't using Theater View enough to care.  Hopefully they have seen this thread though and it'll make it into MC 11.

Pages: [1]   Go Up