INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else checked out the MusicMatch On Demand service?  (Read 3050 times)

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
Anyone else checked out the MusicMatch On Demand service?
« on: August 09, 2004, 01:34:20 am »

I have! :)

Here are my thoughts:

Thumbs Up:
- Relatively strong catalog... better selection of non-Britney-Spears stuff than Napster! :)
- Starts streaming pretty quickly, and I think the streams sound pretty decent.
- The least expensive of the all-you-can-listen-to services; $8/month with an annual subscription.
- 7 day free trial, 30 day money-back-guarantee.
- MM lets you easily (and legally!) share any playlist with friends... and (at least in theory) they can play the full-length tracks of the first 20 songs in each playlist three times (after that they get 30 second snippets).  I say "at least in theory" because at least when I tested this by sending the songs to a friend (who, as the system works, then had to download the lousy MM player), he was only able to play 30 second snippets :(.  But, at least in concept, this is a super cool advantage of MM over the other services and really facilitates discovery :)

Thumbs Down:
- Can only stream; no tethered downloads (it's like Rhapsody)
- HORRIBLE interface; I cannot understand why so many people like the MusicMatch player.  It's still bloated, it loads and runs slowly on my fast machine, and the UI was clearly "designed" by a team of folks with, uh,  seriously short attention spans (I could be even more cruel, but you get the idea).
- And, like Rhapsody, you must use MM's player; you can't access the streams otherwise.  Ack!

Anyone else used MM On Demand?  What are your thoughts?

rkent47

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:Anyone else checked out the MusicMatch On Demand service?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 09:35:12 am »

I hate to seem too naive, but when I first looked at On Demand, it seemed that one could download music to one's "personal devise" i.e. and iPod etc. Now it would appear that one must first buy the tracks, and then download them. Has anyone tried this, and does one have to purchase the tracks?

Thanks,
Kent

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 08:36:19 am »

You must first  purchase the track then You can put it on your device if it suports wma's

youyou

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 06:49:54 am »

I find that MM9 is characterized by slow loading and frequent errors. It is worse than previous versions. This is just my impression.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 05:51:52 am »

I find that MM9 is characterized by slow loading and frequent errors. It is worse than previous versions. This is just my impression.

That was one reason i dumped music match back in aprox 1999 and started using Media Jukebox 6, from J River.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up