INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ~~~ Introduce Yourself ~~~  (Read 9088 times)

Dragyn

• Citizen of the Universe
~~~ Introduce Yourself ~~~
« on: August 22, 2004, 12:39:40 am »

Where is everyone at? I see all these new people registering....but where are they? MC would become even better if there was more participation, more ideas / suggestions, etc.  This forum should be moving a lot faster.

I don't want to have to talk to myself....but I will (and sometimes I actually do).  :P

bebop

Re:~~~ Introduce Yourself ~~~
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 12:52:56 am »

Yup, I hear you.  Last night there were only three logged on for quite some time.  Hey Dragyn, how's the tooth?  By the way, what is the best backup program out there?  Don't want to get caught out again when things get messed up (spent the last few days recovering all the years financial data - both personal and corp. after something triggered a reformat of my drives.  Managed to disconnect my external bk up, but not before the first partition was wiped - sigh -    Bet

bebop

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 01:12:40 am »

Guess those Olympics are just too riviting and the guests too shy to talk much tonite  ;)

Listening to: 'Carry On Dancing' from 'Savage Garden' by 'Savage Garden' on Media Center 10

Dragyn

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 01:20:55 am »

I'm here. I've just been staring at your avatar for the last 5mins. It's hypnotic.

bebop

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 01:28:25 am »

Yours is pretty slick and very Chic.  ;D  Did you make it yourself or find it someplace?   Mine's a found one.  Gonna try to talk my son into making me one in class, he's studying to be a game animator and designer.  If that falls flat (20 yr olds seem to have lots better to do, than make stuff for their mom's - sigh - ) I will be extra nice to my eldest daughters boy friend - he did animation for seven yrs  for this micky mouse organization in Florida.  ;D

Listening to: 'All Of Me' from 'Just A Gigolo [Goldies] (2 Of 3)' by 'Keely Smith / Louis Prima' on Media Center 10

bebop

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 01:37:19 am »

Hey, it just occured to me that you are way out east...don't you sleep???  ;D  It's 11:35 pm here in Victoria, and raining and there's nothing worth watching on the telly, so am getting caught up with my mail and listening to some tunes ..... ;D

Listening to: 'My Night To Howl' from 'Unknown' by 'Lorrie Morgan' on Media Center 10

Dragyn

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 01:46:49 am »

I live in Minnesota. Born and raised. I'm about 70miles from the JRiver Crew.

I just made my avatar. It came from a WinXP wallpaper.
Here's the bigger version (not sure if it will work): http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-42-1092687740.jpg

And yes, I don't sleep. It's 1:44am now.

bebop

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 01:53:30 am »

I live in Cordova Bay, which is a municipality of the city of Victoria.  Kinda on the edge of the city.  Here you can drive five minutes and you're in farm country, 15 minutes and you're downtown.  Hard to believe that it is the provincial capital!  Vancouver gets all the glory and we get the politicians!  ;D

Listening to: 'You Made Me Believe In Magic' from 'Absolute Rollers [Import Bonus Tracks]' by 'Bay City Rollers' on Media Center 10

bebop

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 02:00:35 am »

Here's a link to the Victoria tourism site...http://www.tourismvictoria.com/    if you'd like to take a browse.   Don't belive that great shopping line...the shopping is pathetic...only two major music stores (HMV and A&B Sound), but the tourist trap shops are fun to look at, and if you are into celebrity watching, there's always a glut of them here...either just spending time or working on some movie or other (those movie people just take up all the free parking spaces!)

Listening to: 'Fool' from 'Fairweather Johnson' by 'Hootie & The Blowfish' on Media Center 10

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 02:11:23 am »

wow. everytime I see pics from Canada, it looks so beautiful and peaceful. Looks like a nice place to live. Only been there once but I was young back then.

now here's some pics from my town....when a tornado went through it 6 years ago. lol (only pics I can find at the moment)

http://www.zubin.com/tornado/ - pretty isn't it? [/sarcasm]

bebop

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2004, 02:21:22 am »

Whoa, tornados sure can change the look of a place in such a short time! My family is  back on the Prairies (was born and raised in Alberta)  and Mom was telling me they had a couple of twisters  the past few weeks.  Not alot of damage, but after Pine Lake a few years back, people were very nervous.  Mom just hauled her 14 birds (yup, 14 - she hand raises finches), her cat and dog down to the basement and waited for the all clear.  And she worries about us and the earthquake situation!

Listening to: 'Hey Hey' from 'Unplugged' by 'Eric Clapton' on Media Center 10

bebop

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2004, 02:36:52 am »

Seems like no one out there but us chickens, and this chicken is gonna call it a night - nice talkin' to ya, Dragyn. Have a good night.    Bet

Listening to: 'Ikaw Pa Rin (Kailanman)' from 'Unknown' by 'Kai' on Media Center 10

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2004, 04:28:50 am »

Sorry, was at a party last night, not interested in olympics!

Hey, bebop, what happened to your avatar? It does not rotate any longer, it is standing still! Did you want to make some kind of association to Interact, which seems to standing still too? I downloaded it to my hard disk and it still revolving! I send it to some of my friends with the title "Advanced love techniques". They enjoyed it very much!

Yes, it's true, a lot of the old guys and girls (Doof!) almost disapperead from the forum or post once in a blue moon. Did you notice that Doof also resigned from the list of moderators? Never got any notice about that. She just dropped off! No reasons, not any clue why!

There might be a simple reason! Once you've set up MC the way you want it becomes a fairly easy game: just select and play - nothing else to do!

Imported about 2000 images a few days ago. Just the work of ten minutes and all were properly tagged in a snap! It is simply a great program although there is plenty of room for improvement as they are giving us some new ideas with MC11 Alpha.

As you know J River most of the time listens to us like the recent introduction of an option in view schemes to decide whether we want it to display in theater view or not! But sometimes you can suggest things over and over and they never listen. So we could start two fun threads, one when J River does listen to us and one when J River does not listen to us, adding all the things we asked but never got implemented...

Then maybe some of the old guys /girls will come to the fore again grumbling :o

By the way I live at 47°22' Northern latitude and 8°32' eastern longitude, which is a place near Zurich, Switzerland. It is Sunday morning, sunny and windy!

JONCAT

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2004, 07:00:24 am »

Hi all!

I agree about starting a thread where we can discuss what things we really want added and build up a user base that agrees.

MC is great and I honestly get lost in all the options even when I think I have explored everything someoen jumps up to help me out on some essential thing that I think is missing (thanks Dragyn!).

I'm moving to Florida this Oct. and I can't wait...stuck in Maine right now. I spend some time over at amdmb.com which is now pc perspective, under Doctor Cilantro.

Best backup utility ...bar none.....ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE. Un-bloated, powerful, friendly...you name it.

great to meet you all ;D
Jon

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2004, 09:48:35 am »

Jared here.
Ive been a member for a while now. Used MJ8 until I sold my desktop. Went without a comp for about 1 year (gasp, eep, and awe all at once). I am a diehard MJ/MC fan. Even with the few tiny cosmetic things that I dont like, I still find myself coming back to it. Even though I dont keep a hugantic library like before, I still find it far more useful than the rest of the programs out there that try to do the same things. Strangely though, I was unable to login to the forum until the SP2 release. Perhaps it was a SP2 RC problem as I was running RC1 and then RC2. Anyway, I'm back, and just in time for the upcoming beta of MC11.

Also, I'm not real familiar with backup programs. I like living dangerously. I just recently backed up my HD after running for nearly 5 months. Figured Id be pretty upset if I lost all of those custom settings. I used Nero BackItUp. It seems to be everybit as good as the others I used to use. I think its even got a scheduler. And for the price of the Nero Ultra suite, it darn well oughtta be good.

Anyway, Im off to pack. Heading off to Shanghai tomorrow evening and I have yet to even lay things out. Goodnite all and Happy whatever-holiday-is-coming-up-next-in-your-country.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2004, 09:49:11 am »

stuck in Maine right now

Hey Jon - Im in beautiful Bromley, UK, but in two weeks I too will be stuck in Maine in a rented holiday cottage. Cant wait. I considered Florida for this years vacation, but thankfully discounted it because of hurricane season.

I havent pitched in with v11 suggestions because Ive seen the board get inundated with requests with every new version, so many requests (and conflicting opinions), that they never make it into the new version. Im not being negative about JRiver - they cant please everyone and have to steer their own course. And obviously they and this board have proved very responsive to requests and problems. MC10 is working great for me, and any niggles I have are minor and I can work around. Maybe Ill chip in later.

My weekly data and less frequent OS backups are done with Drive Image 2002. My media library is backed up intermittently onto a number of DVDs using Nero. I would probably lose some library tags etc following a catastrophe, but the core media files would be saved. Fingers crossed, it hasnt happened yet.

As for the Olympics, I think the whole country was probably up early yesterday watching Pinsent win his fourth consecutive gold in the rowing. One of the most emotional and powerful magic sporting moments Ive ever seen. Off now to watch Paula hopefully take the marathon title.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2004, 10:29:46 am »

This used to be a much more passionate place...  but the departure of two or three users has really changed the climate.  Bring back Zev!

bebop

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2004, 10:52:42 am »

Jaguu, my avitar seems ok from here...it's spinning in circles much like I have been this week.  Glad to your friends like it!  I have garnered a little bit of a collection of them...some great, others just a wee bit too cutsie.  thanks all for the back up advise.  Have Nero, somewhere...just have to find it and reinstall (it was interfering with another program that I use to make my digital photo abbums). Have only been a member since Feb.   Perhaps there are some  of the newbies out there with opinions, but are just a little tenative about joining in, I know I was at first, but soon got over it, as you can no doubt tell!  Am waiting for the beta of 11 to be released and then will upgrade as I am excited about the document handling capibilities and some of the other added stuff sounds great too.  Am just a little intimidated with an Alpha as my computing skills aren't as great as some of you out there ;D  Have noticed a drop of opinion polls  :)  is everyone just too busy doing summer type stuff?  

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2004, 04:38:15 pm »

Gday,

Robert from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia here (mmm...just starting to warm up after winter)...

The reason why animated GIFs seem to stop in a browser is becuase you probably hit the STOP button in yer browser...

I use SyncBack to backup to external hard drive (free, easy and good).
Cheers
Rob

TimB

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2004, 05:26:25 pm »

Tim here, I'm a Brit and a Yank at the same time, yes it is legal. :o

I use Karen's Replicator from www.karenware.com for backups, I learned about it right here in INTERACT!

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

LonWar

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2004, 06:33:31 pm »

Here is another thread for anybody that want's to know about some of the older board members...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17962;start=msg123745#msg123745
-

bebop

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2004, 08:00:29 pm »

;D  Thanks for the link, gamer  ;D

Nice to get to know a little more about some of the people who have helped me out since I got here.

So here's my little bio:

Nickname was derived from  what my hubby's friend and business partner when he first began his practice called me...it was a toss up between that and Betty Boop, which my Uncle christened me with the second he laid eyes on me when i came home as a newborn.

age:  51  (or at least that's what the birth certificate states, my kids will swear on a stack of bibles, korans, torah's and every other sacred thing, that I am older than dirt, but act like I'm barely out of my 30's!!!)  ;D

music: everything but rap...it just gets on my nerves - yes, even more than opera.

Live in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada in the City of Victoria, municipality of Saanich

Past lives:  Land Use Dept, Proctor & Gamble, Grande Prairie, Alta.  Student:  University of Victoria (third year drop out, majoring in Environmental and Social Psychology with a minor in Sociology)

Married 23 yrs and counting (got it right the second time around) with three kids, the youngest still at home and no signs of wanting to leave the free food, gas and lodgings!

Hobbies:  music, computing, photography, astronomy, dancing (line dancing and swing), shoes, music, travel, shoes, and did I mention music?  ;D   Oh yeah, been around since Feb 2004.

What I'd like to see in MC....don'know...seems like they have it covered with MC 11

Listening to: 'That's Just That' from 'One More Day' by 'Diamond Rio' on Media Center 10

modelmaker

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2004, 09:39:50 pm »

I couldn't log in thru MC tonite had to go thru IE, anyone else have a problem tonite?

Anyway, I was the first poster on that link that Imjustagamer provided.

A couple of weeks ago I sugested that people include a little info about themselves in their profiles, you know like, where you're from , your native language, etc , but got no response.

The newbees seem to want be annonymous and silent, except for Joncat!

I do miss zev, you could always count on an animated discussion with him!

I've been around here since April 2003 I think. I was a total newbee then, new to computers,new to MC. I have learned a lot in that time, thanks to the folks with all the expertise that participate here on interact. I try to contribute from what I have learned here when I can, even when I miss the mark with my 2 cents and get corrected (no offense taken, btw). You live , you learn or you die.

The lack of input on interact is probably due to the summer doldrums, also, there was the soccer cup in July and now the Olympics. (I admit to being an Olympics addict). From the looks of the empty seats in the arenas for the first half of the compitions, people must be watching them at home.

Maybe MC's working so good now that people don't need any help?!

Listening to: 'Junior's Wailing' from 'Steamhammer' (1970) by 'Steamhammer' on Media Center 9.0
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

benrad

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2004, 09:49:42 pm »

Well, I love talking about myself so here goes:

I live in a distant suburb of Boston, MA in the USA...and hope to be moving closer to the city very soon. I will reach the tender age of 30 in less than a month. I've been using MC for about a year and a half after trying every other player out there.

I have 2+ year old daughter, whom I adore and see about twice a week. I'm going through a wonderful divorce at the moment, and just can't wait until it's over (tip: people change when you graduate from college, a lot). Life's a lot better than it was about a year ago and I have my health (and a wonderful girlfriend who's moving here from Chicago in a month).

I'm the IT Manager for a small financial magazing (CFO Magazine) and have been working there for about 8 years. It's home, I guess, and they treat me well. I suspect I may be a lifer, which is always a no no in the IT world, but I don't much like the IT world.

I love most music, except Country. I'm what you might call a "hipster indie kid" and frequent the Middle East in Cambridge, MA for shows. This also means that I'm into underground rap, punk, techno, electronica, pop, rock, etc. etc.

I'm also a "leftist commie pinko" and would move to Canada if the incumbent is elected come November, but I can't (see above).

TAFKAFEX

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2004, 03:55:18 pm »

Here is another thread for anybody that want's to know about some of the older board members...

I didn't remember. But I'm not as old as it seems. And grey hairs don't count.

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2004, 05:37:25 pm »

bebop, there used to be a band called bebop delux ever hear of them . do you have a real lava lamp at home?

bebop

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2004, 05:45:04 pm »

Don't recall the band, but the memory isn't what it used to be (I am the official queen of the sticky notes at my house), and yes, I have a lava lamp it's silver and purple....it now resides in my son's room, along with the disco ball,  an electostatic lightning ball and other misc. stuff!  

Listening to: 'From This Moment On' from 'Rosemary Clooney  - 16 Biggest Hits' by 'Rosemary Clooney' on Media Center 10

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 05:54:25 pm »

I also have a lava lamp (black with dark purple wax)!  :)

I don't think I responded to the last thread of this nature, so I'll answer this one (briefly).

I live in Austin, Texas.  I am about 1 year younger than JimH which puts me at 147.. I think.

I like almost every type of music, with the exception of rap, country (but there are a couple of exceptions) and opera (also a couple of exceptions).

I don't own any Yugo's, but I am looking.  I did see a GTY (Gran Touring Yugo?) once and thought it was the bomb!

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2004, 05:57:40 pm »

John from Christchurch, New Zealand here.

I've used Media Center/Jukebox for nearly a couple of years now. Nothing touches it as a product. Also the support and development process on this forum is exceptionally good and is reflected in the way the product develops.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2004, 08:43:26 pm »

Jared here.

Anyway, Im off to pack. Heading off to Shanghai tomorrow evening and I have yet to even lay things out.

Shanghai? Not too far from me. Do you live in China, or just visiting?

modelmaker

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2004, 09:31:56 pm »

I remember Bebop DeLuxe from the 70's,  Brit band - not bad, I think I still have a couple of their LPs. They're listed on AMG.
Jay.

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2004, 11:13:13 am »

Benrad,

We're wearing the hell out of the same letters!

You didn't say what your nickname means (if it isn't your name, that is).  

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2004, 11:49:45 am »

Hi there,

Am currently residing in Perth, Australia for study purposes but am originally from Singapore. :) Bought this marvellous piece of software around April of 2003 and never look back since. Soon to be 23 and listen to all types of musics.

Derrick
Don't Panic!

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2004, 01:34:21 pm »

born in the UK, live in New York, came back to the UK for a holiday - spent the last week watching the rain fall...how i love cornish summers! i guess i'm technically a NYLON (New York Londoner! - for anyone in the UK watch the C4 series of the same name that begins at 10pm tonight, which may explain it all)

dragyn - are you just posting to get back to 5* intergalactic king type being
 as soon as you can???  
 ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2004, 05:31:57 pm »

dragyn - are you just posting to get back to 5* intergalactic king type being
 as soon as you can???  
 ;D

What the *mooo* are you talking about? I could care less of how many posts I have. In fact, I killed myself twice now since I've been here. I think I would be in the 2-3,000 range if I didn't. I think only an admin could actually see the total post number as all my posts are still in the forum.

You see, I have issues. Sometimes I don't want to talk about them and sometimes I feel I really need to. Well then it makes others mad and they become hostile and everything seems to turn for the worse. Then you think to yourself, why did I say that? What was I thinkin'? Why am I posting. To whom will this post offend. Does this make any sense? What's for dinner?

I'm just trying to get other people to post so I can have something to do instead of staring at a blank screen all day. I like to see things movin'. Get that groove goin' on. You know what I'm talkin' about.

As sad as it sounds, this thread has been a failure because everyone posting in this thread is a regular. No offense to anyone. I enjoy reading the posts. I'm glad people are posting because it might have an effect on others to do the same.

I'd just like to see someone new. Someone that's just as crazy as me.

D.

modelmaker

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2004, 05:38:36 pm »

That's why we're posting, we ARE as crazy as you!

Do you think it's easy to type with a straightjacket on?
Jay.

Dragyn

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2004, 05:47:14 pm »

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K [/ted]

Do you think it's easy typing with a keyboard full of pop?  ;D

*breathe*

benrad

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2004, 07:35:20 pm »

Benrad,

We're wearing the hell out of the same letters!

You didn't say what your nickname means (if it isn't your name, that is).  

'tis my nickname since the beginning of time...and it is part of my real name Ben Radlinski.

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2004, 08:31:31 pm »

What the *mooo* are you talking about? I could care less of how many posts I have. In fact, I killed myself twice now since I've been here. I think I would be in the 2-3,000 range if I didn't. I think only an admin could actually see the total post number as all my posts are still in the forum.

just tryin' to wind ya up!

anyway you must have been busy as you've 'sprung' up to 3000 in the last 2 hours...

bebop

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2004, 08:43:17 pm »

Dragyn...does this make you a zombie if you've killed yourself twice?! That would explain the no sleeping thing   ;D LOL, Have Zombies on the brain as my son gave me a book to read by Max Brooks - "The Zombie Survival Guide, or complete Protection from the Living Dead".   Only part way through.  Much easier to read than all that existentialist stuff he's tried to pawn off on me lately. ;D  By the way, just how does one kill ones virtual self off in a forum? I like to be prepared.   ;D

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2004, 10:00:36 am »

Nickname is my actual nickname, Bj Solem.

I live in Apple Valley, Minnesota.  I work in Downtown Minneapolis, about 10 blocks from J River Global Headquarters, I have yet to stop by though......

Age 33

I've been around since MC 9, started posting when it was going to 9.1

Favorite bands are hard, U2, they might be giants, the replacements, trip shakespeare, would certainly be on the list, but there would be others as well. It's too hard to sort out who falls where and it's not really important anyway.

I'm a little embarassed to admit it but the one thing that I want in MC is some type of exportable slideshow.  Once you've got all this stuff organized, it's easy to burn a music cd, but what do you do with pics besides make them easy to find?  You can burn a cd of pics, but there is no music with it and you can't specify how they are viewed by the person you give the cd to, all you can do is say "here's a cd with some pictures on it for you".

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2004, 01:11:25 pm »

Hi guys - I had my name legally changed to Doug Hamm so it'd match my Interact logon ID.   ;)

Been here a couple years, since MJ9 was introduced.  Every once in a while I check out other media players to see if anyone else has come even close to offering what JRiver has, but they never do.  It perplexes me that programs like iTunes and Fubar2000 are as popular as they are...

I've got a wide range of musical appreciation, though there are some genres that I simply can't relate to at any level.  Mainly I'm a metal head with prog- tendancies, though my favourite bands are still Deep Purple and Yes.

I live in Winnipeg, pretty much the dead-center (E-W) of Canada.  Been out to the west coast about a half-dozen times in the last couple years; I love it there.

For those using Audioscrobbler, my ID is Solitaire1.

Oh yeah, and my four-year old son is quite adept at navigating MC11.  :)

Ciao,

-Doug

PeterS

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2004, 04:15:00 pm »

Doug,

Just caught the Deep Purple mention. I actually saw them last night here in Minneapolis (St. Paul , actually). Not bad for a bunch of old rockers. Still pretty loud tho. I can't believe they are not all deaf. My ears were still ringing this morning.

PeterS

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2004, 05:05:59 pm »

Doug,

Just caught the Deep Purple mention. I actually saw them last night here in Minneapolis (St. Paul , actually). Not bad for a bunch of old rockers. Still pretty loud tho. I can't believe they are not all deaf. My ears were still ringing this morning.

PeterS

Arr!  Had I known they were that close I might have gone myself.  Gotta keep better tabs on their tour schedule.  (Seen'em twice, once with Dream Theater and ELP in Hinckley, and once with Dio and Scorpions somewhere else in Minnesota).  I was set to see them in Vancouver in early September but my trip got cancelled.  They have lots of fun on-stage; there's great synergy there considering they've been sharing the same tour bus toilets for most of 30+ years.

-Doug

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2004, 08:56:27 am »

Jared here.

Anyway, Im off to pack. Heading off to Shanghai tomorrow evening and I have yet to even lay things out.

Shanghai? Not too far from me. Do you live in China, or just visiting?

Well, I'm just visiting. But for now I actually live in Wuhan. Im doing volunteer work and teaching English (go figure). I'm taking a break for a couple weeks and travelling to visit a friend in Shanghai and then going to Hanzhou to visit the family of a Wuhanese friend who is travelling with me. Im actually in Shanghai right now and were leaving in the morning for Hanzhou. I've realized something during my time in Shanghai. This is a beautiful city, but theres really only two things to do here... spend money, and then spend more money. Three days was plenty of time to see the sights and do some shopping. Im ready for some natural beauty. Anyhow, Im off. Gotta get back and get some sleep.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up