INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.72 Alpha Available  (Read 12454 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Some MP3's not playing
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2004, 11:05:40 am »

... It is listened to correctly using Media Center 10 and Windows Media Player 9, but not with MC 11.0.72 (and previous versions)....

I had the same problem:
Media Center 11.0.70 Alpha Available: MC doesn't like my "A Tribute To Ramones Album".

Eventually I found a way to fix the files. Foobar2000 has a tool: "Fix MP3 header...". It did the trick. I don't know what was wrong exactly or how it was fixed. MC 11 seems to be allergic to this kind of faulty files.

If you have a copy of the bad the file, sending it to matt @ jriver.com would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 11.0.72 Alpha Available
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2004, 12:06:23 pm »

Start Media Center 11.0.72 and get message...
Failed to Create CD writer control (cdwriter.ocx).

Reinstalled 11.0.72 today and the startup error quoted above is gone. But one thing I did just notice is that the right click context menu is missing when I right click on files in explorer. Hope this is just still being reworked/changed and has not been removed. I used this all the time to import new/changed media or add to playing now and such. Or is this just missing on mine?

TIA  :P
Josh Huggins
Thanks!

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2004, 01:07:07 pm »

Bug:
Smart list content sometimes doesn't display even though contents are ok. Looks like a refresh problem.

Description:
I have a set of playlists where "Instrumental" is the base name of the playlist:
  Instrumental - album list (single track from each album)
  Instrumental - auto include full albums from album list (smartlist)
  Instrumental - exclude these singles
  Instrumental - include these singles
  Instrumental - complete (smartlist)

The "Instrumental - complete" (smartlist) contains:
Playlist: Instrumental - auto include full albums Not Playlist: Instrumental - exclude these singles Playlist: Instrumental - include these singles

This works fine and it displays the list correctly when created, but it shows an empty playlist when I select another playlist then re-select it. If I type something in the search field then erase the contents of the search field it displays the contents again.

Tangential explanation of the playlist setup:
This config is a bit complex but it gives me full control over the "Instrumental - complete" playlist. I can easily add a full album to the list by adding one track to "Instrumental - album list". If one or two tracks aren't instrumental then I add them to "Instrumental - exclude these singles". "Instrumental - include these singles" lets me add single tracks from albums that are mostly non-instrumental.

pepe lopex

• Recent member
Re:Some MP3's not playing
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2004, 01:19:05 pm »

... It is listened to correctly using Media Center 10 and Windows Media Player 9, but not with MC 11.0.72 (and previous versions)....

I had the same problem:
Media Center 11.0.70 Alpha Available: MC doesn't like my "A Tribute To Ramones Album".

Eventually I found a way to fix the files. Foobar2000 has a tool: "Fix MP3 header...". It did the trick. I don't know what was wrong exactly or how it was fixed. MC 11 seems to be allergic to this kind of faulty files.

If you have a copy of the bad the file, sending it to matt @ jriver.com would be very helpful.

Thanks.

.... You have an email!!  (20 mb!) ;)
MC Spanish personal translation: MC en espaņol: Espaņol (ES) --> http://soporte.proel.net/ftp/jrmediacenter/MClangES.zip

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2004, 03:53:53 pm »

Have not managed to rip *A SINGLE CD* with MC11 weithout it crashing. some serious work reaquired here.

Also: Rported the prbolem with brackets () before which gets MC11 jumping around to a different view.

Even worse: If you try to to use the "&" seign or the paratheses themselves, MC 11 crashes alltogehter.

JohnT

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2004, 03:56:25 pm »

Hi guys - a few more points on audio CD burning:

1) There should be an option to set the track boundary gap, if nothing than at least to 0 seconds (which I think it's at now) and 2 seconds (standard).  Setting on a track-by-track basis would be great.
-Doug
You can adjust the track boundary gap by going into Options/Burn settings and then click the Settings button under "apply cross fade and DSP...". Now drag the gap slider to where you want it and leave the transition set at "standard".
Sorry you can't do it on a per-track basis. Can you give me an example of when this would be useful?

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2004, 09:33:50 am »

Start Media Center 11.0.72 and get message...
Failed to Create CD writer control (cdwriter.ocx).

Windows XP Pro SP2
Gigabyte GA-8PE800 Pro
Intel 2.4 400 Mhz
MSI 52x24x52x CDRW
512 DDR

Josh Huggins
Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up