INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto image slideshow track info plugin!  (Read 14469 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
Re: auto image slideshow track info plugin!
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2006, 03:11:46 am »

the path to the artwork does exist.

the share settings that i have for the external hard drive connected to the server are to share it over the network and allow network users to change my files.  i can access this drive from the client through explorer, without any problems.  are there any other settings that i need to change?

i have disabled firewalls on both laptops to see if this made any difference, but it didn't

nick

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 04:29:16 pm »

To be clear, the specific path the script is reporting...
\\192.168.2.20\H$\[artist]\[album]
...is valid? In other words, you can go Start -> Run, paste in the path the script reports, and when you hit enter it takes you to the correct folder? If you change the alert code from this...
Code: [Select]
alert("artFolderPath: " + artFolderPath);...to this...
Code: [Select]
prompt("artFolderPath: ", artFolderPath);...then you will be able to copy and paste the path that it alerts. If you really can paste it into Start -> Run and it opens the remote folder, then the script should be able to access the folder in the same way.

Again, to be sure, you followed the instructions in the first post of this thread that say to set a registry value that makes "My Computer" show up in Internet Explorer's tools? You have to enable "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" under the "My Computer" zone, not in any of the other zones.

patroclo

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2007, 03:09:39 pm »

Hi!
I was happily using the plugin until MS changed something (in IE7) about the security management and now I have a worning message popping up every time Mediacenter changes song to play.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2007, 01:12:18 pm »

Yeah... uninstall IE7. :) Use Firefox. http://getfirefox.com

I don't have IE7 installed, so unfortunately I can't come up with a better workaround. The problem is Javascript running in IE7 normally should not be accessing files on the hard drive. This is because normally you are visiting webpages downloaded from the internet with IE7. But for us, MC uses IE7 inside of it, where we do want to allow webpages to access the hard drive.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up