INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visual clue in interface when Alternate Playback mode is ON  (Read 1347 times)

ozmael

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Visual clue in interface when Alternate Playback mode is ON
« on: October 18, 2004, 07:29:38 am »

Is there any visual clue in the MC interface when the Alternate Playback mode is enabled? I often have it on when I want it off and off when I want it on. A visual clue would help to know whether it's on or off.

Ozmael..

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Visual clue in interface when Alternate Playback mode is ON
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 08:38:26 am »

The quickest way is to right-click on the DSP Studio in the player area.

It's a pretty advanced feature, which is why we don't bring it to the surface too much.

Note that you could also configure multiple zones to do the same thing since MC can show the zone name in the display area.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ozmael

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Visual clue in interface when Alternate Playback mode is ON
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 05:33:50 am »

I'm aware of how to change Playback modes. I guess what I was looking for was a visual clue in the interface to tell me which mode I am in.

Basically, when I play mixed CDs I want gapless playback (which is my alternate setting) because all of my mixed CDs are ripped in WMA Lossless. When I play non-mixed tracks I want crosss-fade aggressive.

I'm always having to switch between the 2 modes. Usually, it's a audio clue (like tracks on mixed CDs cross-fading) instead of a visual clue in the interface that causes me to switch modes.

Ideally, MC would be able to switch between the 2 mode automatically based on the some property (like a custom field?). I do have a custom field called "Mixed?" which I use when I create custom Smartlists so that mixed CDs don't get out of order in my playlists.

I'm using MC 11.

Regards,

Ozmael..
Pages: [1]   Go Up