INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: Can I do unattended line-in recording?  (Read 1148 times)

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
Question: Can I do unattended line-in recording?
« on: November 05, 2002, 08:44:01 pm »

The subject line says it all: My next project is to convert over my cassettes to MP3, a time-consuming tedium. I'm wondering what happens if I let the player go, hit record, and then leave for work.

After the tape stops playing, will MJ stop recording? Or when I get home from work will I find my entire hard drive full of beautifully encoded silence?

Couldn't seem to find this directly addressed in the help file, so I thought I'd beg for tips here.

Thanks,
Severian
Severian

fordsfolly

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Question: Can I do unattended line-in recordin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 01:41:06 am »

I have done unattended line in recording, with mixed sucess, the problem is with noise on the tape, this sometimes tricks the recorder into thinking it is still the same track so you get 3 songs together etc, best thing is to try it, if it does not work properly, do it while you are there to make sure the tracks end properly,

Ps it does not take a lot of noise to fool the auto split

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 02:48:45 am »

You can increase the "maximum gap level" a little to get it over the threshold of background noise on the tape. Click the Options button on the recorder dialog and select "recorder settings" to see this option.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Graham

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2002, 04:42:29 am »

Either way, when the tape stops the computer stops recording and just sits waiting for a new sound, so no harddrive full of silence...
Pages: [1]   Go Up