INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.82 Alpha Available  (Read 5124 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.82 Alpha Available
« on: September 14, 2004, 04:59:19 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110082.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.82 (9/14/04)

1. Fixed: Shell extensions were not working properly.
2. Fixed: WMA lossless encoding would not work properly with WMP 10 installed.
3. Fixed: Playing Now display bars would not appear when the display was not in Full Screen View.
4. Fixed: Startup volume setting would not be properly saved and applied.
5. Fixed: Recorder would fail to encode recorded input.
6. NEW: CUE parser imports duration, genre, and date. (requires reimport of CUE files)
7. NEW: Copies of view schemes can be created by holding Ctrl while dragging them in the tree.
8. Changed: View schemes can no longer be created with the same tree path as another view scheme.
9. Fixed: After installing MC 11, some mjextman.exe based commands would not work properly with MC 10.
10. NEW: Cut, Copy and Paste of tree items works for moving and copying playlists, view schemes, My Computer folders, etc.
11. Changed: Grouped view scheme components no longer say "(grouped)" next to them to reduce clutter.
12. NEW: Revised all drag-n-drop and cut, copy, and paste logic. (any testing would be appreciated)
13. Changed: View updates (F5, after operations, etc.) is smoother and faster in some areas.

11.0.81 (9/10/04)

1. Fixed: Tree, panes and sorting for volume name would not always update properly after a volume name change.
2. Changed: Changed playback mode toggle to Alt+M from Alt+1.
3. Fixed: The mouse cursor wouldn't reshow when returning from Theater View with the keyboard.
4. Fixed: Other programs could show through MC when switching view or navigating the tree.
5. Changed: Several optimizations to view layout speed and smoothness.
6. NEW: MC can now play Video CD's that conform to the standard format.
7. Fixed: Media Center was unable to create directories with three dots in the name.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Media Center 11.0.82 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 05:03:18 pm »

If you get a chance, please bang on the new drag-n-drop / clipboard system a bit.

You can drag files, tree items, and pane entries.  Holding control switches to 'copy' mode.

You should be able to move and copy tree items and folders this way. (files, playlists, view schemes, etc.)

Dropping files to a tree path / pane entry tags (and imports) the files.

The Action Window also supports dropping.

You can drag files to and from other programs.  The clipboard doesn't currently work with cut, copy, & paste of Explorer files, but this is on the to-do list.

If you find anything that feels like it should work, but doesn't, please let us know.

Thanks for any feedback.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 05:27:40 pm »

6. NEW: CUE parser imports duration, genre, and date. (requires reimport of CUE files)

That's hot.
Toast goes in the toaster.

jsosow

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 08:02:04 pm »

When in "Document Mode"  double clicking on files does not open the appropriate program and file like before.

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 08:18:14 pm »

When in "Document Mode"  double clicking on files does not open the appropriate program and file like before.

I can't confirm this behaviour. It works allright for me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 08:35:40 pm »

Cool but huh? I've never seen a cue sheet with genre or dates. Someone have an example?

It uses the info from the file the CUE points to.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 08:44:19 pm »

Hello Matt,

For some reason, MC crashes after playing a song for just a little more than 2 minutes (anywhere from 2:06 to 2:16). I've tried different MP3's with the same result...

Michel.

Media Center Registered 11.0.82 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1991 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I: MATSHITADVD-RAM LF-D521   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D521    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:1  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 12:14:09 am »

4. Fixed: Startup volume setting would not be properly saved and applied.

12. NEW: Revised all drag-n-drop and cut, copy, and paste logic. (any testing would be appreciated)

Thanks Matt! The fix works.

The CUE file support is excellent!

I have tried a few drag & drop from MC to a folder and to a different app. They worked as I'd expect.

Ok, off to see how to upgrade via Paypal.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Tags Not Added When Converting
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 01:04:08 am »

Selections from a CUE file are able to be converted.
When I use MP3 VBR, there is no tag info saved to the MP3 file.
Just tried with a standard APE, no metadata saved from it either.
Was fine in MC10 of course.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 06:39:33 am »

Hello Matt,

For some reason, MC crashes after playing a song for just a little more than 2 minutes (anywhere from 2:06 to 2:16). I've tried different MP3's with the same result...

I solved the problem. I zapped the Audioscrobbler plugin that I had installed just before I downloaded 11.0.82 and all is well again.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 06:41:04 am »

The X-10 MP3 remote plugin is not working in 11.0.82.

;-)

Michel.

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 08:02:54 am »

When a file was playing and a rename it with Library Options/Rename... MC return that it was renamed when it's stop. But the file was not renamed and MC return an error "file not found" when I try play it again.
 :(

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 08:06:33 am »

If you get a chance, please bang on the new drag-n-drop / clipboard system a bit.

You can drag files, tree items, and pane entries.  Holding control switches to 'copy' mode.

Hello Matt,

I haven't had a chance to test this out yet (will tonight), but would it not be more intuitive to right-click and hold on an item that you want to Move or Copy, drag it where you want it to go, let go of the mouse button and be presented with a choice to "Copy or Move?"? Just like in Windows Explorer, Outlook, etc...

Maybe theres a good reason. If so, I'll figure it out tonight when I have a chance to test this new functionality.

Michel.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 08:53:14 am »

When a file was playing and a rename it with Library Options/Rename... MC return that it was renamed when it's stop. But the file was not renamed and MC return an error "file not found" when I try play it again.
 :(

Are your files on a network drive? I am here and I noticed that MC's Rename operation does work, it's just really really slow. I haven't done any testing to see if it's faster on a local drive, though.

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 09:02:38 am »

Doof
No. My files are on a Local Drive.
When the file whas not playing it was renamed normally, with the characters "..(1)..." on the final of filename.

Tks

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 09:27:55 am »

The X-10 MP3 remote plugin is not working in 11.0.82.

;-)

Michel.
I can't reproduce the problem here. When you go into Tools/Options/Remote Control, does the X10MP3 plugin show up in the plugin window at the top? Does it say [Active] after it? If not, does clicking the "Start" button make it Active? If it shows as Active, can you click the Learn button and learn the buttons on the remote?

If none of that works, try configure and verify you have the correct COM port (there's a Test button to verify the port is active). Also, check the version of your rc_X10mp3.dll file in the plugins directory under the MC install directory. Right click on it and select Properties. Select the Version tab and it should say version 2.0.14.0 with copyright date 2001-2004. If it's an older version, go to our plugins page and download the latest.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 09:42:08 am »

i have posted this a few times before with no replys from anyone at j.river. when im at theatre view the keep focus option only works in the first screen (the main one) and then it loses focus in ALL other screens, only when i double click somewhere on screen with my mouse it gives me the navigation options again... ?
The keep focus option is on (i played with it a few times uncheking and checking with no results). Do i have the only computer with this problem?

Zeltak

Media Center Registered 11.0.81 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2798 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 513 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D: OPTORITEDVD RW DD0401     Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: OPTORITE DVD RW DD0401      Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:0  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 09:42:11 am »

Problems:

-Short files ($ seconds) Throw errors in analyze audio.  This is a problem because it will stop a large batch from running if it encounters a few in a row.

-When you minimize the Analyze audio window, it appear not skinned - But when you try to restore it, one of the top right buttons appears as skinned, but doesn't restore on the first click - a second press brings up the right click menu offering the 'restore' option.  This was done using the Thunderstorm skin.

-Right click 'add to playing now' worked, but 'import' appeared not to.

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
11.0.82 or 11.0.92? (Typo)
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 10:39:46 am »

There's a typo in the Recent Changes section.  It says 11.0.92, unless the typo is in the subject.  ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 10:50:44 am »

i have posted this a few times before with no replys from anyone at j.river. when im at theatre view the keep focus option only works in the first screen (the main one) and then it loses focus in ALL other screens, only when i double click somewhere on screen with my mouse it gives me the navigation options again... ?
The keep focus option is on (i played with it a few times uncheking and checking with no results). Do i have the only computer with this problem?

Zeltak

Should be fixed next build.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 11:07:54 am »

When moving files using "Rename from File Properties", MC no longer asks if it should delete the empty folders. It simply leaves them on the drive nd moves on to the next task.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 11:16:38 am »

When moving files using "Rename from File Properties", MC no longer asks if it should delete the empty folders. It simply leaves them on the drive nd moves on to the next task.

Then there are hidden or system files in the folder.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 02:45:32 pm »

How do you access the different List Styles now? It seems like the only way is to add a toolbar button?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 03:06:35 pm »

View/customize current view/list style

or

Ctrl - U

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2004, 05:31:00 pm »

I still say search is broken

i can type something in search and then type something else (like i just Did) and nothing shows up.

just now i did a import of new files, then i removed the rule MC put in there for recently imported files and the library is not shown. only the file that was imported is shown.

so it is broken

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 05:45:29 pm »

Search only searches what you have selected in the tree.  I'm not sure that's the best, but that's the way it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up