INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: web remote  (Read 1137 times)

fan_man

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
web remote
« on: October 31, 2004, 08:08:25 am »

I would like to remote control MC via a web interface.
Ideally I would like to create my own look and feel.

WebRemote is for Version 8 and as far as I can remember it was a simple text interface. Either it is incompatible or I have a firewall problem. It cannot create the webemote server or listener when I set it to port 80 in the options.

Or do I need to fork out a lot extra and use Cinemar MUSIClobby?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

:-[

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:web remote
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 06:38:18 am »

It's no longer necessary to use a plug-in.  RemoteServer is MC's built-in web server.  It's configured under tools/options/startup.

RonaldX2

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: web remote
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 10:13:57 am »

>>It's configured under tools/options/startup.

Ooops? It _cannot_ be configured there! It can just be _started_ there automatically, right?  :(

The question is: How can I change the (ugly) webpage (look n feel) of the simple layout?!

Or is there another better solution (plugin?) to properly control MC through a browser?

The aim is to control MC via any browser on a webpad or pocketPC connected through LAN.

regards
Ronald

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 02:55:13 am »

You're pretty much limited to making only CSS changes.  The web page will try to load a 'styles.css' document that I think needs to be in the %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library folder. 

One odd bug that appears is a dialog box that pops up in the MC GUI view if you select a missing file from the web remote view.  This is a track that existed in the library but has been moved (and now shows the red X on it's icon).  The web remote will let you try playing this file.  But when you do the GUI side of MC throws up a dialog box asking "Please select file(s) to play" and hangs the web interface until you dismiss it.

It would seem like a bug and either the web interface shouldn't let you select things it can't play or the GUI side of it shouldn't pop-up the dialog box for a non-console activity.

Is there a bug reporting system for MC?  Or do we just post here?

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 03:34:24 am »

It'd be nice if the web interface supported a little more CSS styling.  A few id and class attributes added in key places would make it easier to create a stylesheet for use on browsers that really improved the look of it.   Otherwise the only styling that can be done is crude all-element changes.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
File location browsing
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 03:58:10 am »

If the files are on a network drive, prefixed with \\Servername, the web remote interface won't properly navigate into the shares.

As in, files stored on:
\\someserver\sharename\folder

Would show a "\\someserver" link in the web remote view.  Unfortunately that creates a URL the web remote DLL can't seem to understand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up