INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod incorrect music on synch and alarm  (Read 1678 times)

Steve345

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
iPod incorrect music on synch and alarm
« on: November 07, 2004, 06:28:08 pm »

I'm running a 40GB ipod, version 3.0.1 on a Windows XP machine. Media Center versian 10.0.155. I've seen 2 problems: After a synch (I'm now up to 5571 "songs") about .5% of the tracks that make it to the ipod say the right thing, show up in the right place (composer, playlist, album, etc.) but they play the wrong music. It seems that the incorrect music plays for as long as the original, correct track was supposed to be.

This problem repeats if I do a complete wipe and reinstall of the iPod software and then re-synch in Media Center.

As well, after my first Media Center synch, the iPod "Extras >> Clock >> Alarm Clock" feature stops working. Specifically, I am unable to select any "sound" besides "beep", even though all my playlists show up. This happens only after the first Media Center synch after an iPod reset.

I should also note that on synchs now I get errors in Media Center where about 17 files fail to delete for some reason.

I am only accessing and moving data to my iPod via Media Center. Every time iTunes pops up (on iPod insert to the base connected to the PC via USB 2.0), I immediately close it.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:iPod incorrect music on synch and alarm
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 10:35:47 am »

Steve,

First, can you update to MC 10.0.173? (available here.. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23736)

If the problem continues, please confirm for me whether you are seeing a message about duplicate files before the sync.  If so, I can probably explain this.

In regards to the Alarm Clock feature, this does not currently work with MC. When iTunes pops up, it may be overwriting your database which is not desirable (even if you close it right away). Try turning off the feature in iTunes which automatically starts iTunes when iPod is connected.

Steve

Steve345

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 03:49:09 pm »

Did the upgrade and re-initialize. Havn't noticed the problem yet, but it's only 1 in a 100 or so so it may be a while.

Thanks for the quick response.

Steve345

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 03:50:27 pm »

Sorry, I never replied: I might have had errors about duplicate files in the past, but if so it was months ago.

davidebacci

Re: iPod incorrect music on synch and alarm
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 07:44:08 am »

Hi - do you know when you will be able to fix the alarm feature in MC so that it works on my iPod?

Many thanks for a great product!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod incorrect music on synch and alarm
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 05:24:57 pm »

davidebacci,

Not sure when I will get to the resolution of the Alarm feature.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up