INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to handle APL files?  (Read 5868 times)

tunitas

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
How to handle APL files?
« on: November 07, 2004, 07:27:39 pm »

Hello:
I've downloaded a music collection, in the folders it contains APL files, also a cue and ape files.  I've tried as I always do to burn using Nero, loading the cue file, with the Image burning wizard but it wont load.

I also converted the files to Mp3, using dMpower, and it did, but the problem is that it converted it in one whole block, one single track, not separated tracks as it originally came.

Any ideas, please let me know if I need to explain myself better.

Thanks. :)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:How to handle APL files?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 12:35:27 pm »

What do you want to do? APL files are link files for the individual tracks. Media Center can import and play APL files directly if the main APE file is in the same folder.

Media Center can also burn Audio CDs from APL files and convert them to MP3.

If want to burn the CUE file with Nero you can first uncompress the APE file to wave format with Media Center (Nero doesn't support APE). In addition, open the CUE file with Notepad and check that the filename inside it is correct and ends with .wav instead of .ape).

By the way, this is not the correct forum board for your question. You should have posted on the Media Center board (or on the Media Jukebox board if you use it).

However, welcome to the Interact Forum!  :)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tunitas

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 07:10:47 am »

Thanks Alex:

See, I downloaded Media Center, but I don't have a clue what to do now.  I've tried to import the APL files to media center, but can't.  What exactly should I do to convert my APL files, to Mp3, but keep 'em as separate tracks?

? :P :'(

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 06:41:18 pm »

tunitas, what files do you have exactly? For example, do you have the following?

CDimage.ape
CDimage.cue
song1.apl
song2.apl
song3.apl
song4.apl
etc...

Which version of MC did you install - 10 or 11?

How did you try to import the APL files?
(I usually select them in Windows explorer, right click and select "Media Center > Import")
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tunitas

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 07:06:01 am »

Hi:
I'm trying to decompress the apl files, using Media Center, but it gets stuck there: I'm using version 10. beta.  I select tools/advanced tools/convert format,  then wav, and a window appears and says decoding, but the progress bar won't show nothing.

Should I select the apl files themselves for the conversion or the ape files?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

? ;D ;) :) :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up