INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After reloading Windows & MC - getting things back to the way they were  (Read 797 times)

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...

My computer crashed :o (of course non MC related).  I had everything backed up with N. Ghost so it isn't too horrific.  However I am having a little trouble getting MC back to its original wonderful self.  What I had not done is a very current Library Backup.  However I do have all the files that were under Media Center before the crash (B.T.C.).

Is there a way to move the files from my previous installation over in such a way as to restore MC?  I'd like to get links to Album Art, database, the works, back to B.T.C.

Thanks!

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:After reloading Windows & MC - getting things back to the way they were
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 11:09:00 pm »

Okay, someone may want to kibitz this one for me, but I think I am right here.  If I understand you, your mp3's and such are located in the same directory as before the crash.  If so, and if in MC's Tools\Options\General you selected (by checking) the option "Update tags when file info changes", then when you re-import the music, you can go to Tools\Library Tools\Update Library (from tags).  This should bring your library back to pre-crash or very close to it.

Good luck
Thx,

1 xsivfun1
Pages: [1]   Go Up